~Dos~

I had never ridden a school bus to school before.

I know, shocker considering that I had been going to public school for the past sixteen years of my life and lived a reasonable three miles away from the local high school. However, my mom always insisted on dropping her "kutti" off at school every day. I'm not complaining though; I would much rather sit in the comfort of my mom's 1998 Toyota Camry than on a big yellow bus jam-packed with seventy other sweaty, loud, and irritating teenagers.

That was, until five days ago when my mom handed me my bus pass, grinning cheek to cheek.

"Amma, what is this?"

I looked up to see that my mother was still smiling, and I couldn't tell whether her enthusiasm was fake or not. I guess she was expecting me to be thrilled at the idea of taking the school bus, because she took the liberty of explaining to me what a bus pass was.

"Oh, you silly girl. Can't you see? It's a bus pass?"

She grabbed my hand and looked me straight in my eyes. The wide grin she was once sporting morphed into a faint smile.

"I'm going to miss those car rides to school with you. We really made some good memories riding to school together."

We did? I didn't say anything.

"But now you're going to high school. Going on the school bus will give you the chance to, you know, interact with some kids your age other than Ramesh and Sienna."

Ah, of course. My mom still had faith in my ability to be a social butterfly, bless her heart.

"Ramesh, Sienna, and I are doing just fine Amma. Is this really necessary?"

"Yes."

Suddenly her voice had become very firm, like the tone right before your parent starts yelling at you. I grabbed the bus pass quickly, but not TOO quickly that she would think I was being disrespectful. In this household, even the weakest of eye-rolls are the gateway to a spanking. 

But back to now:

As I walked outside to my stop, I was greeted by a gust of chilly autumn wind. I winced as a particularly sharp piece of bark stabbed me right in the cheek. This year was starting off just amazing. I put my headphones on and headed down the street. Something about "The 1975" was really speaking to me on this particular day. Unconsciously, I closed my eyes and absorbed myself in the music. Yes, I was walking on an active sidewalk. Yes, walking with your eyes closed is stupid, but I really couldn't help myself. I was in my own little bubble, and with my shield of music, the outside world couldn't harm me.

Well, that feeling lasted for a solid ten seconds, because when I finally opened my eyes again I found myself lying on the sidewalk forcefully gasping for air. 

"Hey! Watch where you're going!"

I put together every ounce of strength I had to whip my head around to see what had just happened. Although my vision was a bit blurry, I managed to make out a tall and rather handsome boy who had just fallen off his bike. His left cheek was crimson red, presumably covered in blood, and his back tire had rolled off into someone's driveway.

Ah, I see what happened. I got into a bike crash, didn't I? Oops.

As my vision cleared up I saw that it was none other than Ezra Ford, the golden child of Seattle. Dang, he was even better looking in detail. God must've been on his A-game when creating this one. I couldn't help but stare: How could someone have such a sharp jawline, perfectly tussled blonde hair, and such charming eyes? 

"What the fuck are you looking at? My bike's all fucked up, oh my god...Shit."

I finally decided to apologize, or at least give it my best shot.

"Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorry, umm uhh lemme help you with your bike, hm?"

"Nah, there's no point....fuck."

I could tell he was frustrated. Well, of course he was frustrated, his bike just split apart as he was riding it!

After a couple of awkward seconds, Ezra winced his way over to me. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize he was just trying to help me pick up my books. God, he must've thought I was some kind of idiot. Maybe I was. I decided to help him because I have to at least TRY and make a good impression, right?

"No one needs this many books. I swear to God, how do you even carry all this? These books look like they weigh more than you!"

"Well, I need them all for Pre-Calculus, Physics, and-"

"Oh my god shut up, I didn't ask for your life story damn..."

"Geez no need to be so rude..." I muttered under my breath.

Tch, he scoffed as he looked at me from head to toe. Under the gaze of his piercing blue eyes, I felt my heart beating faster and it was almost like I couldn't move. We made eye contact once he brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. *thump* *thump* 

"Ah fuck why do I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack..."

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Eyyyyy another episode. It's been forever and I have two words as to why - "HIGH SCHOOL"

don't @ us :') 

Word Count - 879 words

Written by - Nan B)

Edited by - Pip :)