~Tres~

"Heelllloooooo????" I felt a gust of wind blow towards my face. I realized it was Ezra's hand. 

"Bruh, you good? You blanked out for a second lol." he said, anger slowly dissipating from his voice. 

"AhHhHh...I just blanked out in front of Ezra and I probably looked like a doofus... Wait, why do I care again?" I thought to myself. 

"Yo, move your ass girl we gotta get to school!" he shouted loudly, snapping me back into reality. 

"Oh frick, yeah!" I realized and I dashed past Ezra, booking it to school before the bell would ring. 
"Hey wait! You better pAY FOR MY BIKE!!!" he yelled as he ran beside me. 

~

I ran through the school and rushed down the stairs, looking for room 1111. Finally after going down the first hallway to my left, I found the room, tucked conveniently at the end to my right side. I sprinted down and entered through the looming wood door of Mr. Barnow, my supposed health teacher. 

The bell rang just in the nick of time as walked in. 

*huff* *huff* "Fuck, I'm beat..." I muttered under my breath as I took a seat towards the corner of the classroom. 

Just as I was about to sit down, I noticed Ramesh having a mini-seizure trying to flag me down to sit with him. My face lit up as I quickly tiptoed over to his table and took a seat next to him. 

"Good morning class! I am your health teacher for this year, Mr. Barnow. Let's go over my class expectations so that nobody gets confused and I don't have to phone any of your parents saying, "Hey, your kid seems to find throwing spitballs during a pregnancy lesson pretty funny." he stopped to take a breath. 

"Number one - absolutely no phones out during class. I want them tucked away in your backpack. As they say, out of sight is out of mind. "

"Number two - absolutely no horseplay will be tolerated. However tempting it is to draw private parts all over your worksheets or shout out, "That's what she said!" during mid-lesson, I'm not dealing with that."

"Number three - be kind to each other and respect each other. These are the people you're gonna have to talk to about emotional stability and STDs, so don't be a jerk."

"And lastly, the most important part - snacks and drinks. You are allowed to bring snacks and drinks as long as you CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. No wrappers, plastic bottles, or food crumbs on my tables, please. As long as everyone follows these rules, we should all get along just swimmingly!" 

"Shouldn't be too hard," I thought to myself. "Just be respectful and don't be a jerk." 

Mid-attendance, he called out a familiar name. 

"Ezra!"

"....wha? Ezra's in this clASS?!" I thought as I internally heaved a heavy sigh. 

"Guess he's not here..." he muttered as he marked him absent.

As Mr. Barnow turned on the whiteboard, a tall, sweaty, blonde haired, boy zoomed through the door. Everyone cast a glance towards the door and they became starry eyed. One girl even tousled her hair and pulled her skirt her up a little bit. 

Mr. Barnow did not look impressed. 

"Young man, I presume you're Ezra. Would you mind explaining why you're," he stops to look at the clock. "10 minutes late to homeroom??" his face flushed from anger as he looked at the student. 

"Um yeah about that...see I got into a bike accident with this one dumb chick and she kinda ran away from me." he said as he scanned the classroom. 

"Shit..." I tried to hide my face behind my binder. 

"There she is! Hey you...yeah yOU! You better pay me BACK!!" he screamed from across the room. 

"Caught red handed..." Ramesh whispered to me as everyone turned their heads towards me. 

"Eh heh heh..." I laughed sheepishly, making sure to give Ezra my worst death glare. 

"Ugh kids these days. I'll let you off today but the next time you are late, I'm marking you as tardy." Mr. Barnow said to Ezra as he went back putting the lesson plan on the board.

Ezra smirked at me as he took a seat in the back at the table next to me. I ignored him as he placed his backpack next to his table. 

"Play it cool, Athena. No need to make eye contact." I reassured myself as I focused my attention back to the board. Mr. Barnow was explaining the lesson plan for Unit 1: The Health Triangle. 

"The three parts of the Health Triangle include physical, social, and mental/emotional health. In order for a person to have a balanced personality, they must focus on finding the balance between each of these three aspects." the teacher explained as he showed an illustration of the triangle. 

I was eagerly taking notes and channeling my productive energy when all of a sudden, I felt a crumpled piece of paper hit the rim of my glasses. When I turned my head to see who threw it, I saw Ezra's ocean eyes and pink lips curved up into a smirk and giggling. With his fingers, he rubbed them together as if to say, "Where's my money?" 

I mouthed to him to wait until the end of class so we can talk. Being the low IQ but handsome individual that he is, he tilted his head to the side and continued to throw paper at the rims of my glasses. 

"Whatever, just talk to him after class," I told myself.

bRRrrinnGggGGG 

"Class dismissed! Make sure you write down examples for each aspect of the Health Triangle!" Mr. Barnow shouted. 

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It was 12:15 AM (when I finished this chapter) and I'm fine. I guess. Shout out to Lana for reading my story, te quiero amiga (^_^)

Check out her stories cause she's really talented and she's working on a great piece right now called 'The Globus', which is very interesting. She's got tons of great ideas and is super gifted at what she does. 

Word count - 960 words

Written and edited by - Pip :)