Chapter 14

Chapter 14

(Reaper's Bentley)

Stuart looked at his reflection in the mirror in his room and noted the greenish tinge to his complexion. Another bout of nausea had him regretting his decision of showing any returned interest in the man who'd unapologetically demanded his attention without any remorse about his actions thus far. He smoothed a hand over the front of his dove gray, V-neck Henley and wondered for the umpteenth time if he should change his entire outfit yet again.

Did he need to add a little more color to his already lackluster appearance? The butterflies that had been fluttering in his stomach after his mother's announcement about the evening's dinner plans and their guest of honor took flight all over again, and he just knew he wasn't going to be able to eat a single bite of his Ma's stew. His queasy stomach would probably upchuck it all over her pristine white tablecloth as his nerves got the better of him. Why, oh why did his Ma have to put him through this debacle of an evening.

Stuart's plump bottom lip stubbornly jutted out as he studied his reflection. He turned his back to the mirror, and peered over his shoulder to critique how his ass looked in the fitted black slacks he'd paired with his shirt. His polished loafers completed the ensemble, and he had to admit, other than the lack of color to his cheeks, he looked pretty good. He was sure his embarrassing ass brothers were going to try their best to rectify the situation of adding some color to his complexion by saying or acting like the jackasses they are, causing him to furiously blush over their unruly shenanigans.

He continued to ruminate about the unfairness of his situation. He didn't see their Ma making Patty, Aaron, or even Darren, if his bookworm of a brother could separate himself from his studies long enough to even date, that is. He didn't see her making them drag their dates home for her approval before they could actually see each other on a regular basis, much or less try to get some sexy time into the mix.

Stuart knew better not to even look for one iota of support from his Pa. The man deferred to wife wholeheartedly with everything that had to do with their children and their home. The only thing that was off limits was his business and the club. They had an unspoken truce when it came to the things his Pa did to make his business prospered and to protect his club brothers and their way of life. The only thing his father adamantly disagreed with his wife about was his diet. He was a meat and potatoes man, and for years she'd indulged him until his last yearly physical and when the doctor told her his Pa had mild hypertension.

His Ma had met with a nutritionist the doctor had recommended and to his father's detriment, she started him on the suggested heart healthy diet. According to his Pa, "a diet that took away everything he liked to eat and replaced it with bland, tasteless food items he had no interest in." She didn't have to harangue him about exercising because his dad could be considered a total DILF by his peers. The man worked out diligently and could give any one of his muscle-bound brothers a run for their money.

Over the years in high school and now college, Stuart knew of several classmates, both girls and boys, who hung around him just for the chance to ogle his brothers AND his dad. How rude and disrespectful was that? They had no idea, the poor things. His Ma would send them on a slow painful journey back to Jesus if they looked at her man side-eyed.

Stuart shook himself out of his thoughts and wiped his sweaty palms down the legs of his pants. He might as well go downstairs to wait for Reaper to arrive. He should get it into his head tonight that the dynamic man was Donovan Forbes, and not Reaper. The sexy as sin badass who was capable of making him lose all semblance of his brain function. The sexy-ass Sergeant of Arms to his Pa's motorcycle club. No tonight, the delectable man was his father's distinguished CFO and his potential boyfriend.