Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I was not talking to Dylan.

He was driving back to Midnight Moon. Our first argument happened right after he claimed me. The second argument happened right after he stated that we were going back to his parent’s mansion. He didn’t want to take me home.

I had Rainen, Jake, and Silvi pushing and pushing into my mind, asking when I was going to be home. I especially had Rainen telling me I had better not stay with Dylan.

I had no plans of doing that, not that Dylan had listened. After a while of arguing with him, I had walked back to his car. Dylan tried to get me talking, but he had gotten only silence from me.

“I gave you last night to be on your own. It was an effort on my part, Leila. I did not like sleeping away from you,” he said.

I didn’t tell him anything, but I did turn to glare at him.

“You have to get used to it. It is going to be your home.”

More silence and glares on my parts. Dylan did not like to be ignored. He growled loudly at me, trying to intimidate me no doubt.

“Leila, talk to me,” he sighed, reaching out to hold my hand.

I had my arms crossed over my chest. When he tried to take my hand, I moved away from him and closer to the car door. He was getting angry. Dylan growled at me, and started again with the low voice that I knew was meant to sound threatening.

“I gave you last night,” he repeated.

“You claimed me.”

We were close to his place, but he didn’t drive us there. He stopped the car in the middle of the road. We were already in the woods—strictly pack territory. I knew that if someone from the pack saw us, they would just leave us alone. No doubt they wouldn’t try to disturb their Alpha.

“You are my mate,” he replied, like if that was enough explanation.

“You didn’t ask me, Dylan.”

“You are mine.”

“So I’m yours to take and do as you please? You didn’t need to ask?” I asked, raising an eyebrow, daring him to say that was what he meant.

Dylan stayed quiet. He was pissed, but he was trying to keep calm.

“I gave you the entire day to settle into the idea,” he said.

“A day? Seriously? A day!”

Dylan reached out, unbuckled my seatbelt, and forcefully brought me to his lap. I was kicking and screaming, and he was still pushing me to go to him.

“It hurt?” he asked, his hands going to my neck.

“That isn’t the point!” But it had been painful. It had been even worse when I tried to pull away, and Dylan had dug his canines deeper into my neck. The mark was still healing, and my dress was bloodied.

“You didn’t want to be mine?” he asked, his voice serious but also sounding somewhat offended.

“Let me go, Dylan,” I snapped.

I was trying to crawl off his lap but he was holding me tightly, making sure I didn’t move.

“What do you want?” Dylan asked, his voice harsh.

“I want you to let me go.”

“Leila,” he growled.

“I want to go home.”