New Chapter Teaser

Third Person POV:

The sun rose along the shoreline of a beach, casting rays of light on a barricaded camp. The camp was surrounded by the ocean on one side while the the mountains circled it on land, leaving it inaccessible save for a sole highway. At the entrance from the highway stood two teens, a boy and a girl, both clad in purple shirts and decked out in gleaming armor, armed with a spear, a bow and a quiver each.

The path from the highway led to a barren field that was bounded by a turbulent river that flowed along the valley, separating the field from the adjacent city. Across the river, was a city surrounded by towering walls and turret towers. A single bridge stretched across the span of the raging waters, permitting entry into the fortified enclosure. Behind the massive stone walls lay a picturesque city built in the Roman style of architecture. In the middle of the city stood a senate building, flanked by the principia and the senatorial residences on either sides. The city was further guarded by the pomerium line that was overseen by the god, Terminus.

A blonde teen, clad in jeans and a purple shirt with a purple toga draped around his body, stood at the bridge. He was surrounded by a group of teenagers dressed in similar clothing and a girl who adorned a purple toga. The girl's brunette hair was fluterring in the breeze as her copper brown eyes roamed the surroundings with a hint of nervousness and worry. As the last of the teens left, save for her and the purple clad blonde, she slowly approached him. Her eyes were locked onto the electric blue eyes of the boy. The two stood a foot away from one another, never removing their gaze from the other. The boy spoke first, "Reyna.."

But he never completed the sentence as the girl quickly closed the gap between them and pecked him on the lips. The sound of footsteps broke the daze of the shocked boy as they broke apart quickly. A boy of 15, with a childish face and disproportionate body, was followed by a dark skinned girl with bright yellow eyes. They bowed lightly to the couple and rose. "Praetors" They greeted.

The girl identified as Reyna spoke, "Legionnaires Hazel and Frank, I believe you have been briefed about the mission details. My fellow praetor" as she pointed to the blonde boy, "shall lead this quest. Maybe you be successful in your quest. Ad victoriam." With those words the girl left, joining the cheering crowd at the gates.

A/N: And so the plot thickens.
Thank you readers for your interest and support.
The author requests that readers submit their reviews for the story so far. Any queries, comments or suggestions will also be entertained.