Fantasy Over

(ROBIN)

I wonder how Blu will answer my question. A part of me wanted to hear that he misses me that's why he contacted me after ignoring my calls and messages for almost a whole day.

But as this is Blu, of course his answer is disappointing and urgent at the same time.

"I think I am living a dream here," he said.

I frowned at his face. The little light afforded to us by the street lights on this subdivision showed Blu's face in confusion and sadness. Guilt too...

"Tita Patty and Tito Dennis are both nice to me. They treat me like their son but...they are not my parents and I..." Blu sighed. "This whole stayover is like a fantasy playing out of the times when my parents are still alive and when this weekend ends, I will go back to our old home and I will see them...my parents."

"But it won't happen. They are already dead, Blu." I gently reminded him of that fact.

"I know," Blu tilted his head up to look at me. "I know that...but my stay here..."

"It's messing you up..."

"It's not messing me up," Blu's defensiveness made him glowered at me. "They are nice people. I just...I don't think I can try to live out a fantasy that I am back in the time when my parents are still alive. So many things has happened that I seem to be forgetting that my parents died just three months ago."

"It's still fresh." I agreed to him.

Blu sighed. "When I am in the penthouse, I forget things. Life there is so different from my old life with my parents that in some ways it reminded me that my life is different now. They are gone now. Here..."

"It's so normal. Living with AnneMarie and her parents seems all normal." I supplied.

Blu nodded before smiling with guilt. "You are right, I'm messed up."

"No you are not." I said to defend him. "So, is that why you called me? To remind yourself that after this stayover in your bestfriend's place, you will not go back to your old home..."

Blu slowly nodded. "You are the biggest symbol of change in my life. And I can hardly call Mr.Akage or Mr.Gilbert to remind me of my reality." He said.

"Fair enough," I said evenly though I am disappointed. Blu just need a jolt of reality before he got sweep up in this fantasy of normalcy while staying in a normal home with his bestfriend and AnneMarie's normal parents. This normal set up.

Because God knows, the set up in the penthouse is not normal. Blu is practically living in a luxurious place with a bachelor, his nephew and a butler. So yeah...that's not normal at all.

"But you guys are my family now...and I don't have any complaints." Blu clarified when he spoke again.

"I understand." I smiled at that. I am glad that Blu thinks of us as his family.

Blu sighed before he bit his lower lip. "Can you...pick me up tomorrow? It doesn't have to be early but early would be nice and..." he winced in shyness. "Just...help me a bit. Please..."

He is adorable when asking for help while trying hard not to ask for help. "How about before lunch? Lets have brunch with Uncle and Gilbert."

Blu nodded. "After mass. AnneMarie's parents will surely attend Sunday mass with us. After that, maybe I can meet you guys for brunch."

"I'll pick you up in that church if you want." I said.

"Really?" Blu sounded relieved. "That will be...thanks..."