Game

(GILBERT)

"Ojiisan was here? In the penthouse?" Master Robin looked pleasantly surprised when he learned that Chairman Akage came here. "You met him?" He asked Blu excitedly.

"Yes," there was hesitation on Blu's nod.

Master Robin's smile widened. "Isn't he cool? My grandfather?" His eyes sparkled while thinking of Chairman Akage.

Blu glanced at me. "Oh...he seems cool. In a lord of the mafia way. He has people guarding him. I wonder if he is an exhibit in the museum that he needs guarding..."

"He could be. He is that old," Zane muttered darkly while drinking his after dinner coffee with the desert crepe Blu and I made.

Master Robin frowned at his uncle. "You and Ojiisan fought again? Why is it that everytime you and Ojiisan will be in the same room...you have to fight?"

"It's not my fault," Zane frowned back at his nephew. "He came here without a warning. He literally barged in here with Gilbert and Blu alone in our home..."

"Ah...you are pissed because Ojiisan stomped on your territory?" Master Robin chuckled. "When will you learn, Uncle? For Ojiisan, everywhere is his territory. He is Akihiko Akage, he owns everything."

"Not everything," Zane narrowed his eyes. "This is the reason why I don't like your grandfather influencing you. You are already full of it. If you grow up in his care, you will be just like your father. With a superior sense of entitlement."

Master Robin blinked. "What are you talking about? I learned my sense of entitlement from you. You are the one who taught me that being an Akage means I am steps ahead of everyone and my needs should be catered for all the time,"

Oh my...I sighed loudly at that. Three sets of eyes turned towards me. I just cut the crepe on my plate in bite sized portion even though I am barely eating it.

"You are being unusually quiet," Zane said to me. "Does my father's visit immensely rattled you?"

"No," I shook my head. I looked up from my plate to meet Zane's eyes. "I feel entirely different than being rattled." I let him see the annoyance brewing inside me.

This is his fault. He kept on poking that bear cage nest and now, the bear is out and descended upon us. I am pissed, not rattled.

"Ojiisan has expressed his disapproval of you two again?" Master Robin is not done.

"Ah, that's it." Blu nodded like it all makes sense to him now. "He is like that because he doesn't like Mr.Akage and Mr.Gilbert's relationship."

"Why? Did he said something rude to Gilbert?" Master Robin turned to Blu.

Blu glanced at me. Then he winced in apology. "The first thing Chairman Akage did was sit down and ask Mr.Gilbert to...be in front of him..." Blu tried for a diplomatic term.

"He made Gilbert kneel again?" But Master Robin was no one's fool. "Ojiisan is really dramatic. Why does he keep on treating Gilbert like Gilbert has a sin he has to pay for in front of him?"

Because I do have a sin I have to pay for. You have that trauma because of me, Master Robin.

"Is that why you two fought?" Master Robin asked Zane. "I understand. Ojiisan could be too much sometimes..."

He has no idea. Master Robin has no idea what his grandfather could do. Blu is sitting here without his parents because of Chairman Akage. It doesn't matter if Chairman Akage was the one who ordered to get Blu's parents killed or not. I know he permitted it to happen.