Slippery Slopes

'Do i?' she asked herself. "I hardly even know him though. We just met two days ago. Saying I like him so quickly means that it is just a mere crush which will probably end after camp does."

  "You never know." Vera shrugged.

  "Despite all the tea, can we please stop talking about Trey and have some fun? Last one to the gazebo is a swollen thumb!" Julianna yelled as she ran ahead of them.

  After breakfast and early morning exercise, there was another session on the purpose and objectives of  Spyrate Academy. Boring, I know. The only interesting part of the two-hour session was watching Rebekah and Trey mouth words to each other. The pair kept smiling and silently laughing across their group, not wanting to disrupt the speaker. Thanks to their brilliant observance skills, all the girls saw what was happening and whispered about it among themselves.

  Even after session ended and games began, Rebekah found herself chatting with Trey about the stupidest of things. Like why an orange is called an orange, because of its colour or its fruit, or discussing weird strategies to win the next team building game they were playing. Everytime Jada glanced over, Bekah was with Trey. Everytime Julianna looked over, Bekah was with Trey. Everytime Nikita looked over, Bekah was with Trey. Every- you get the gist.

  "Hey! I saw you." Julianna squinted at Bekah after games were over.

  "Me too." Raelynn added.

  "Me three." Jada reiterated.

  "We all did," said Nikita as Vera and Allison completed the circle. Yes, they were standing in a legitimate circle in the middle of the tents.

  "Stop," Bekah whined. "We're just getting to know each other. Now it's my turn to ask ya'll. Any tea?"

  Julianna clapped her hands extraordinarily fast-a sign she was excited- "Anyone else notice Vera getting it on with that Liam guy?"

  "Is it the guy from my group? The one with blond hair?" Allison asked.

  "YES."

  "What? Guys, I have a boyfriend already," Vera whimpered.

  "Scandalous," Raelynn commented, stroking her chin. Nikita then proceeded to drag Vera off to give her a lecture on relationships. "I think that confirm Julianna's got an admirer."

  "Look at her! Long legs, always hair flipping, and body goals. Who wouldn't?" Bekah said.

  "Awh please, you're too kind." Julianna waved her hand. "But no, I haven't noticed anyone."

  "We'll see about that."

.-.

  "Eat your veggies," Trey chided as Rebekah gave hers to Daphne.

  "Shh. You eat your beans," Bekah retorted.

  "Umm, I think I'm gonna go sit over there with Raelynn. Bye!" Daphne departed to the table opposite them. Trey and Bekah awkwardly looked at each other as Daphne had left them alone. Together.

  "Well... Any guys you're interested in?"

  "I guess there is one... What about you? Girls, I mean."

  "There's this one girl. She's got big brown eyes and a cute smile, but I'm still getting to know her though. I'm afraid she may like someone else. So, I'd like to ask you, Rebekah, who is this guy?"

  Bekah choked. She herself didn't know who he was. "I'm not sure if I like him or not, because just like you, I'm still getting to know him. He has cute dimples when he smiles though." Bekah shyly smiled, earning a big squeal from Raelynn's table.