Prologue

The early morning sunlight spilled into the windows of a tidy apartment in a small complex. As the sunlight illuminated the well-kept room faint footsteps could be heard approaching the doorway. The footsteps got louder as they slowly got closer before they stopped on the other side of the door. A squeaking noise was heard as something was passed through the mail slot before the footsteps continued on their journey down the hallway.

In that same apartment in a small bedroom sat an 18-year-old boy going about his morning workout routine. He was sitting on his somewhat messy bed doing bicep curls when the sound of the mail slot opening caught his attention from the other side of the apartment. The boy made sure to finish his set before putting down the dumbbell on his cluttered desk and stepping outside his room.

The sunlight from the windows illuminated his messy green hair and plain features as he walked over to the doorway to inspect the day's mail contents. He picked up the stack of envelopes and carried them over to the living room decorated with a TV, and wooden coffee before taking a seat on the blue couch in front of both and beginning to inspect the mail.

His eyes glided over each letter briefly before moving to the next. Just as he was getting ready to put down the stack of papers his eyes froze on the second to last envelope. The paper of that one seemed to be slightly different and as he slowly pulled it out to take a closer look at it his heart began to pick up speed. His eyes landed on the red wax seal at the center and confirmed his suspicion. It was imprinted with the letters UA.

The boy's hand had a slight tremble to them as he broke the seal and removed the piece of paper inside. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply before opening his eyes and slowly reading the message printed upon the sheet. His eyes moved left and right, lower and lower. With every passing second, the suspense of the moment weighed down on him more and more.

As his eyes finally read the bottom line his eyes widened and he put down the piece of paper face-up on the coffee table in front of him. A moment later he got up from the couch and walked back to his room.

At the bottom of the letter on the table, printed in small letters with a black ink were written 3 words: "Izuku Midoriya: Accepted"

~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Super sorry for taking such a long time to begin this story, I've had a lot of stuff to deal with irl and just haven't had the time. But that's gonna change starting now! I'll try to update this story once a week on Mondays, but there may be some weeks where I can't and you'll just have to wait.

Thanks for understanding!