Chapter 3: Introduction

Izuku took a deep breath before setting his feet in a battle stance and raising his fist for combat. Little did he know that someone in the audience was paying extra close attention to his actions. As Ochaco watched him prepare for battle she saw the readiness of his stance and the way his weight could be easily distributed in several different directions and it astonished her. Whomever the freckled boy was he seemed to know what he was doing.

'Alright Izuku, you've got this, you've got this. You've got this!' He dashed at Katsuki with the controlled ease that could only have come from experience. Bakugo charged at full speed with his hands leaving trails of smoke behind him.

"I'm going to make you regret coming here Deku!" he shouted. Katsuki lunged at Izuku and swung his fist at him only for Izuku to curve out of the way just in time. But he wasn't done, as Katsuki's fist flew past him he wrapped his arm around Bakugo's neck and punching arm. He held his right arm in his left completing the grip before kicking Katsuki's ankles out from under him and throwing him to the ground with this improvised grip. Everyone gasped as Bakugo had his back slammed into the ground. Bakugo layed there immobile for a moment. He slowly climbed to his feet before turning around and giving his opponent the most terrifying expression his classmates had ever seen.

Izuku remained focused however, he planted his feet and set his arms, his stance was rock solid. Katsuki roared as he began rocketing towards Izuku again this time using his quirk for acceleration. Izuku attempted to do quick kick at the blond boys' side once he came within range but Katsuki saw it coming at fired off a powerful explosion at the ground launching him over Izuku. As Izuku looked up realizing where his foe had gone he was met with a hand grabbing his face and slamming his head and body to the ground. The green-haired boy gasped in pain as the explosion user stood above him with a crooked smile on his face. "Give it up Deku, I've won."

"I'm not done yet," he yelled as his legs suddenly shot up and wrapped themselves around Bakugos middle. Izuku swung his lower body to the right and forced Katsuki to ground hard. The rest of class 3A was staring open-jawed at this point. He was holding his own against Bakugo! That was insane! Izuku then raised himself so that he was on top of Katsuki before he began to punch him repeatedly in the face.

It took only a few seconds before Katsuki recovered and grabbed Izuku's right hand as he went in for another punch. Izuku tried to hit him with his other hand only to have Katsuki catch that one too. "You won't beat me!!!" he screamed before letting go of Izuku's arms and shoving them into Izuku's chest. I giant explosion ensued the force of which threw Izuku to the other side of the gym where he slammed into the wall and collapsed to the ground.

"Bakugo wins," said Mr. Aizawa. Though next time, try to tone down the amount of physical injury you're causing your opponent he said as he motioned towards Izuku how was wincing as he shakily got to his feet. "Midoriya!" Mr. Aizawa shouted. "Head over to recovery girls office she'll help you out. As for everyone else you are to remain here for the last few matches. The next matchup is Kirishima versus Jirou,"

Several more fights followed the one that had just ended but despite this Ochaco was having a difficult time focusing on them. Her mind kept wandering back to the strange new boy who apparently knew how to fight! Even though in the end he lost his moves were amazing and seemed to come to him as if they were second nature. What intrigued her, even more, was the fact that neither she nor anyone else had seen the boy use his quirk at all during his fight. This boy was certainly a person of interest to her.

After the matches were over it was time for lunch. Ochaco wanted to use the free time she had to try and introduce herself to the new boy but as she looked around the crowded cafeteria she couldn't spot his messy green hair anywhere. 'Huh, that's odd.' she thought to herself as she left the cafeteria. She decided to search elsewhere for the boy hoping she would have better luck.