Chapter 19: Questions

The first thing Izuku felt was the pain. The way that his head pounded and throbbed. The second thing he felt was discomfort as he became aware of a bright light shining on his face. He tried to shift away from it. Then he felt the third thing, restraints, holding his arms and legs in place as well as keeping him from moving from his position. That was all it took to clear the remaining grogginess in his head. Izuku's eyes shot open suddenly full of fear. He looked around frantically taking in his surroundings. Was he inside a dorm room? He stopped struggling and now looked around confused. It was definitely someone's dorm room at UA, but it definitely wasn't his, evident by the lack of All Might merchandise in the room. Turning his attention to himself he could see that he had his arms bound behind his back with rope. His legs were also tied together. He could feel more rope around his chest binding him to the chair he was seated on, but most uncomfortable of all was the rope in his mouth which was acting as a gag. Izuku was just wondering how he was going to get himself out of the situation he was in when The door to the room opened and Bakugo walked in. The sight of him triggered something in Izuku's memory and suddenly the events of the night before came rushing back. Izuku felt numb suddenly but lifted his head a moment later realizing the Bakugo was looking at him. He made eye contact with the hot-headed boy who was looking at him with an expression Izuku couldn't quite identify but he could certainly see suspicion in the boy's gaze. Bakugo took a moment to look at Izuku's eyes in an almost analytical way before he spoke.

"You in there nerd?" he asked curtly. Izuku was a little confused by the question but nodded anyway. Bakugo still looked a little hesitant but moved to remove the gaga from his mouth.

"Ach. Thanks," Said Izuku relieved at being able to speak again. Kacchan came to his front again but then started poking Izuku's mouth a bit, lifting it seeming to want to examine his teeth.

"What are you doing?" asked Izuku somewhat unnerved by how silent Bakugo was being.

"Making sure of something," he said. "Alright nerd. What stupid nickname did I start calling you when we were kids?"

"What? I hardly see why-"

"Just answer," Izuku was surprised by his sudden outburst, especially after he'd seemed so calm.

"Deku," he muttered. Upon hearing his words Izuku saw Katchan release some tension he hadn't even known he's been holding onto.

"Alright, I'm pretty sure that you're you, so I'm going to untie you. But if it turns out you're not, I'll blast you straight to hell got that?" IZuku nodded vigorously. The ropes were very uncomfortable, they dug into his skin in very painful ways and he was eager to be rid of them. The blond-haired boy made short work of the ropes, quickly undoing the binding allowing Izuku to finally stretch out his body. Bakugo simply watched him as he did so, his eyes never left him and that cautious look remained.

"I want answers Deku. So you'd best be ready to give them," Izuku was filled with dread at the statement. He'd been expecting this of course but dreaded it all the same.

"What exactly happened last night?" Asked Bakugo seriously. Izuku wasn't exactly sure himself though.

"First tell me what happened to you last night, and how I ended up in that chair," Bakugo's eyes narrowed but he made no other moves. Silence issued for a moment, the lack of noise was beginning to become awkward when Katsuki replied.

"I was here in my room while you guys were out at that stupid thing. I fell asleep at one point around eight or so, but I woke up a few hours later to what sounded like someone screaming. I wasn't sure if I'd imagined it or not, but since I was the only one in the building I couldn't check with anyone. Not even a full two minutes later I could hear footsteps, and loud ones headed closer to me. I pressed my ear to the door to listen and that's when I heard whatever was out there trip and collapse. I decided to check it out so I stepped outside, the moment I saw the thing on the ground I knew it was the same guy who showed up at my room several days ago. But then I got a good look at its face, and it was you." Izuku gulped, he had another question. One that he dreaded the answer to, but needed to know most of all.

"What happened after I passed out?"

"Well," said Kacchan. "When I first saw you out there you seemed miserable but still you, then it looked like you passed out. You just slumped on the floor there and stopped moving. I dragged you into my room for whatever reason but then you started to move again. You were only twitching a bit at first, but soon you started to move your arms and legs and climbed to your feet. Only that time when I looked at your face. All I could see was a monster of some kind. You started snarling and you jumped at me. You'd somehow grown fangs and claws in addition to those freaky horns you had and you kept trying to bite me. You're telling me you don't remember any of this?" asked Bakugo. Izuku shook his head,

"None,"

"Well, either way, you managed to scratch me with your claws before I was able to overpower you which was not easy at all, let me tell you," he said before lifting his shirt to reveal a spot of bandages lightly colored a bright crimson.

"You were stronger somehow like that and I was barely able to knock you out silently. Once you were unconscious I tied you up. You woke up at one point and started trying to gnaw through the ropes, which is why I had to use the gag," he said gesturing towards the piece of rope Deku had had in his mouth. "At some point, I managed to sleep again, and when I woke up again you looked like you again. Alright, well I shared my side of the story, now your turn. I deserve some answers," He was right of course. Izuku had been the one to just show up trying to get help, now he may as well tell him what he could. So he did, he told him about the way that he had been kidnapped by demons and what they had done to him, how he'd come to learn what they were. He told him about his training and preparation to try and expose Tokoyami only to find out he's been wrong. Kacchan scoffed at that part.

"You really thought it could be bird boy? That guy's nowhere near as sketchy as he seems," Izuku gave him an annoyed expression, to which Bakugo responded by gesturing for him to continue. He explained how he'd been having blackouts in recent months and how after one of those episodes the night before he'd felt incredibly miserable. Explained the waves of pain he went through only to see himself in the mirror afterward and then following his scent right to his room where they were speaking now. After he was done talking Bakugo took a moment to look up at the ceiling while he processed the information he's been given.

"I believe you nerd," he muttered.

"Really?"

"Of course I do! You literally turned into one of the damned things!" Izuku looked away embarrassed.

"Whatever the case though now comes the important question," Izuku looked up at him baffled. Kacchan looked sideways at him.

"What do you intend to do next?"

Hey everyone, I do apologise about the inconsistent uploads. Managing this stuff is really difficult to do at the same time as school. I'm also sorry to say that this story might have to go on hiatus for a bit depending on how things go in the next week or so. If that ends up being the case keep in mind that I will finish it at some point, but I'll probably just need some time.

Thanks everyone!