Incident 3

Nights passed, and they are both back on the dock. Neither of them broke the silence for a long while, but when Fitz did break the silence, he leaned over to whisper in her ear, accidentally-on-purpose brushing his lips against her cheek. He saw Sophie's face flame red.

"I can't believe that you couldn't have told me that Quirrell had Voldemort in the back of his head!! I had to read 300-something pages just to get that one insight! And of course now I want to read the next one because it was so good! Why couldn't you have mentioned that Harry Potter was a curse that will never leave me for my entire indefinitely long life!" Fitz said while pretending to be angry.

Sophie knew her face was flaming red from when Fitz had brushed his lips over her cheek. While he was being fake-angry about reading Harry Potter, she was just trying to fight the blush down before he finished whispering. She was almost successful, but as Fitz leaned back to his original position, her face flamed again. Ugh.

Fitz leaned back to his original position, hoping just a little that her face was still red. It was, and he smiled a little, but looked away to give Sophie a second to control it. He'd just have to do that again and get another blush. It's just so cute! he thought.

Sophie was thankful that Fitz looked away when he did, as she could start getting her blush under control. She didn't know what he was thinking, brushing his lips across her cheek. Sophie thought he had done it on purpose, as he was too coordinated to do that on accident.

Maybe he likes me, she thought. However, she soon dismissed the idea, because when there were girls like Linh who could do crazy tricks and manage to look super pretty in every situation, and then her with the scary abilities and severe cases of pineapple bed head. A girl can dream though, can't she? Sophie thought. Her blush was finally under control, and so she said, "I'm so very sorry that you're distraught by the fact that Harry Potter is one of the best things to happen to you, but in the end, wasn't it your choice to read it and find out what I was hiding rather than asking it in Cognate training?"

Fitz laughed. "Touché, Sophie, touché. Point well proven."

To accentuate what he had just said, Fitz leaned over, accidentally-on-purpose brushed his lips against her cheek again, then whispered, "When you're that smart, it's hard to believe that you aren't Hermione in disguise." Fitz then leaned back, winked at her, and watched her face turn multiple shades of red. But all too soon he looked away so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable about not being able to control her blush. She'll be mad if I ever tell her why I made her blush, he thought. But of course, she doesn't have the view I do.

Sophie began to get tired, just like the nights before, and like the nights before, she started to lean on Fitz, feeling more comfortable there than with the little gap between them. Fitz reached over and took her hand, and slowly but surely, Sophie drifted to sleep.

Fitz carried Sophie to her bed, used telekinesis to pull down the covers, and gently tucked her in again, making sure that she had Ella secure in her arms. He kissed her on the forehead again, but as he went to pull away and go to bed, Sophie's arms wrapped around him. Fitz froze, and then gently untangled himself and turned to the door. This time, however, he noticed Sandor in the corner. Sandor looked at him, and put a finger to his lips, which Fitz hoped meant that he didn't mind and wouldn't tell.

As Fitz left the room, clearly embarrassed, Sandor resolved to tell Fitz tomorrow that he supported and completely shipped them, and how sweet it was that he was joining her on the dock. He knew she needed someone to keep her company on those late nights, and Fitz seemed to be the person she needed. But for now, he was going to quietly fangirl over what he had seen happen tonight, and then cry over the fact that neither of them seemed to realize that the other liked them back.

A/N: these are just getting shorter and shorter! Sorry guys! I hope you guys still like it, and constructive criticism would be great if you have any to offer. Also, guess what? I am not Shannon Messenger... otherwise Sophitz would have been a thing wayyyyy sooner and not whatever it has become... anyways I reserve no rights to this blah blah blah characters aren't mine etc... you know it!