Incident 4

Several nights passed, and Fitz and Sophie were down on the dock. It was a colder night, and Fitz saw her shivering, and offered Sophie his coat. She protested, but not for long, as he had plenty of layers on. After he sat down, Fitz draped his arm around Sophie, and she leaned against him. Both of them justified these actions from the other simply as keeping warm on a cold night, and not the other liking them back.

Eventually, Sophie broke the silence. "How are you not cold?" she asked. "I'm cold and I took your jacket."

Fitz laughed quietly and said, "you have no idea how many layers I wore. I get cold way too easily, so during the night I'm generally wearing a bajillion layers."

Sophie sighed in relief. "I feel better about having your coat now. I felt bad before because I thought you were getting cold so I could be warmer."

Fitz smiled at her last sentence. Of course he fell for the girl who felt bad about the classic boyfriend thing of giving a coat. He glanced over at Sophie to find her already getting a little sleepy. Not ready to go inside, Fitz asked her how her human family was doing.

Sophie smiled. Ever since she had gotten her Spyball back, she'd checked on her family every night. They were all doing good, Watson and Marty were content, and Amy was actually getting good grades while staying popular. All was well with her family. Sophie could tell Fitz was trying to be happy for her, but she could tell that there was something he wanted to say.

"Are you okay?" Sophie asked. "You seem a little sad to me."

Fitz gave her a sad smile and asked, "Is there any chance I could borrow your Spyball? I'd really like to check on my parents. It's hard not knowing if they're okay or not."

"Of course you can," Sophie responded.

Fitz could tell that Sophie was tired, so he let the conversation dwindle, until they were sitting in comfortable silence once more. Too soon, Sophie was asleep, and Fitz carried her back to her bed. He pulled down the covers, set Sophie down gently, and gave her a kiss on the forehead. As he tried to pull away, Sophie's arms wrapped around him again. He started to untangle himself, but was stopped by Sandor stepping out of the shadows.

"If you want to stay here with her tonight, I'd be okay with that. Sophie obviously wants you to stay," he said.

Fitz hesitated for a moment, but soon laid down next to Sophie and fell asleep.

Sandor smiled. His ship was beginning to sail.

When Sophie woke up the next morning, Fitz was cuddled up next to her. She glanced at Sandor, who nodded that they were okay, and she smiled. Thinking back to the time spent in Alluveterre, she fondly remembered Alvar once saying that Fitz was a cuddler, and he was right.

A/N: good lord this is the shortest by far! I'm so sorry! As always, I hope you liked it and constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. Again, I am not Shannon Messenger... otherwise Sophitz would have been a thing wayyyyy sooner and not whatever it has become... anyways I reserve no rights to this blah blah blah characters aren't mine etc... can you tell I'm copy pasting?