6. The Fight

I merge in with the crowd of people, getting jostled into the discount vomitorium. For a building this old, this arena was HUGE! And this was only one of them in the whole damn place. Look, there is a lot of stuff I don't know, but this is fucking insane for an underground fight. There were no seats, so most of the crowd was standing up, good thing I'm tall. It's a few minutes before anything happens, mostly to increase the suspense. The same announcer from the lobby is now in front of us on the stage, he looks like a knock-off Mr. Mime if anything. Heavy metal starts playing while his voice roars from above as he yells into his receiver.

"WHAT IS UP BOYS AND GIRLS! MY NAME IS METAINLY (Former Pokémon league champion) AND I WILL BE YOUR HOST FOR TONIGHT'S BRUTAL FIGHT!" He flips the microphone around as the crowd explodes in reply. former? It should stay that way. "OUR CONTESTANTS FOR THIS BRAWL WILL BE THE TRAINER KYLE FROM THE KANTO REGION! HE WILL BE STARTING OFF WITH HIS UNRELENTING BLAZIKEN!" The Blaziken does an immense leap into the ring and sears the wooden deck, followed by the presumed "Kyle" Vaulting into the limelight with it and rallying the masses. "HE IS KNOWN FOR ALL OUT TRAINING THEIR POKEMON, PUSHING THEM THROUGH THEIR LIMITS AND THROWING THE ONES HE DOESN'T LIKE AWAY (Kind of picky if you ask me)" I see someone else slither their way through the crowd with a menacing Mewtwo backing him up. "AND NEXT UP IS A NEWCOMER WHO SPENDS HIS TIME FINDING, TRACKING AND CATCHING THE RAREST AND STRONGEST POKEMON, IT'S TRAINER MARKUS AND HIS MEWTWO FROM THE UNOVA REGION!" His Mewtwo teleports to the edge of the ring, eyeballing the Blaziken while his trainer crawls up, straightening his glasses as he waves to the crowd. He looks scared shitless; I would be too if I had that Mewtwo glaring at me Twenty-four Seven. Through the midst of the mad yelling, I hear the poor kid speaking to the Mewtwo.

"Don't worry, you'll win this... We'll win this, for mom" he says holding the Mewtwo's head, making him look down. He nods as he averts his horrifying gaze to the Blaziken, who is also deadset against him. "ALLLLLRIIIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ARE YOU READY?" The crowd replies a resounding yes. "BATTLE STAAART!!"

Within a split second, Blaziken is already in Mewtwo's face, doing a Flamethrower. Mewtwo evades it, dodging to the right and casting a Psybeam. It hits the fire chicken, but hardly even affects him. Blaziken starts doing Overheat, damaging the Mewtwo, then putting him on an onslaught of double kicks. He finishes off the combo with a Blast burn, knocking him on the floor. The poor kid is shrieking commands at the Mewtwo, it's like he doesn't know what to do. I-I need to help him, I don't know why. I shove through the mob to get to the kid, taking off my hoodie and tapping on his shoulder.

"Huh? What is it? My Mewtwo's ass is getting kicked, I don't have time for this!" He shakes my hand off his shoulder. "Tell him to use Substitute" "What?! He's already hurt enough! This will just do him in-" "DO IT!" I yell. Mewtwo gets back up and makes a clone of himself, hiding behind it. "Now what?" He asks me. "Wait."

Just I predicted, the Blaziken went for another double kick. "Tell him to do a Hypnosis, NOW" The Mewtwo gets up and shoots a ray right at the Blaziken's eyes, putting it in a deep daze. "He'll be like that for half a minute, did you teach him Dream Eater?" "Uh, I think-" "Use it" Mewtwo starts stealing some of Blaziken's health, taking almost all of it before he wakes up. "Finish him off with Psychic!" Mewtwo fires a burst of energy as Blaziken is knocked on the floor, apparently not getting up from that blow. "Holy Arceus did we win?! MEWTWO WE WON!" He thrusts his fists in the air as the crowd grows louder a girl listening to BTS. "Dude, what's your name?!" "(Y/n), you're Markus right?" "Yeah! Meet me outside after this" "Alright" His Mewtwo bounds out of the stage as they both head into some sort of booth, while Kyle walks up on the stage and returns Blaziken to a Pokeball. "Useless". If I could, I'd walk up on that stage and knock his teeth into his throat, but that's not what im here for.

I get back to where I was standing before, and wait for the next fight. Metainly comes back on the mic. "WELL, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! A QUICK FIGHT BY MARKUS! LET'S MOVE ON WITH THE NEXT CONTESTANTS!" A few fights go on in the next hour; a Zoroark and a Weavile, a Scyther and a Scizor and a Ditto, well Ditto. A very awkward battle, by the way, they just stared at each other not knowing what to do. I would've fallen asleep if I didn't hear who's up next. "WHAT A STALEMATE THAT LAST GAME WAS! THE PRESSURE WAS TO MUCH FOR BOTH OF THEM! OUR NEXT GLADIATORS OF THIS (Moldy) RING WILL BE CONNER FROM THE JOHTO REGION AND HIS INCINEROAR!" The fire type executes a perfect, explosive landing. "ECCENTRIC AS ALWAYS! THE NEXT CHALLENGER WILL BE THE THUGGISH, BRUTE LIKE TRAINER; GILES FROM THE KANTO REGION! AND HIS NEWLY CAUGHT LUCARIO!

I snap out of my nap and immediately get put into alert mode, this HAS to be Ryley. I get closer to the ring to check. Giles has to basically drag her onto the ring and sure enough, its the face I recognize. Her pretty face... How I've missed it. I tried screaming her name but the crowd was too loud right now. I'd need a distraction, but it would take time. So many buts', so many things can do wrong, I need time to think. An incineroar would be a tough opponent for someone like Ryley, so I need to think of something, and fast... I start tapping my head as the battle already starts.

I hear screams from the Lucario as she tries to fight back. Im seriously on the clock now. Think, Think! I observe my surroundings. If it's going to be a distraction, it needs to affect everyone. I crawl under the ring as it creaks above me from the heavy steps of the fight and make a quick observation. I see a bunch of junk, a pink hoodie, and some green boxing gloves? And a slim propane tank. "Bingo," I say under my breath. I move it out so the top is poking out from beneath the ring. I throw out a Pokeball from my pocket.

"Char!" Charmander hops around again. "Charmander, you see this?" He averts his gaze to the canister "When I say go, you use flamethrower on it, okay?" He nods up and down, preparing himself. I unscrew the top a little as I start hearing a "Vssshhhhh" sound. "GO!"

The stream of propane ignites as the canister flies through the stage and hitting one the of the corners. I can't describe the full thing, but it was more like a loud "CRACK" then a boom. The tank explodes, scaring the shit out of everyone, including the two pokemon fighting. I then, hear some slight creaking from the ring as I see it tipping over on that corner, bringing the fighting two with it "Nice one Charmander!" I retrieve him back into the Pokeball as I rush over to the Lucario. The incineroar is on the floor slumped over while Ryley is trying to get her bearings. She's about to collapse again before I catch her and pick her up, bridal style. "Hey, hey! Ryley! It's me!" I turn her head towards mine. It takes her a second, but then she recognizes me and gives me the beady eyes. "(Y/n)?" She stutters in a weakly voice. Metainly and the crowd are screaming their heads off, but strangely enough, the only voice I hear right now is her's. I pull her head close to my chest as I see Giles not far behind from me.

"HEY! What are you doing!" He starts making his way towards me as I haul ass and try to get out of the building with my precious Lucario. I crawl through the window, cutting my thigh and ignoring the pain. Giles wasn't far behind, looking for where I went. I look around outside and I see Markus! I dash towards him, but I trip on a rock, falling and turning myself backward as I stop at heels. "(Y/n)!? What's going on" "S-Stop him!" I stutter. His attention turns towards the muscle man running at me. "Mewtwo, Confuse him" In less than a second, he has Giles in a trace. "I'll tell you later, let's just get the fuck out of here," I say wobbling as I stand up.