9. Ville De Stoechas

"Hey! Let's meet up at the weird rock we last saw."

"-what? What do you mean you got lost?!"

"Just... Do you know where Lavender is..?"

"Alright, meet you there."

Fucking Markus, why didn't I expect this? It's almost a half a day trip if I'm sure, at least for him. I put my phone back in my pocket and throw down a Master Ball, releasing its captured Lugia.

Lugia makes a loud roar, shaking the trees around us as I cover my ears. "Shhh, shh, Boy! I'm here" I put my hands on his side, calming him down. He slowly turns to me, maneuvering his neck and head towards me. He gives me a sort of smile, moving closer and licking basically my whole head. I chuckle as I rub his cheeks. "Alright, boy, we need to get to Lavender town, alright?" I say, holding his head towards mine. He does a gentle nod before I hop on top of his back. Lugia slowly flaps his long, finger-like wings as we lift off, spacing us from the ground really fast. I sit back on one of the crests on his back, wrapping my arms around his neck. We start making some ground, flying at a cruising speed towards the ghost town.

The bleak cold air high up in the atmosphere probably would have made me into an ice chunk if it wasn't for Lugia's body heat, which kept me hanging onto him. It was like laying on a heater on a December night; it's weird because you'd think a Mon' like him would be cold to the touch too. I could have fallen asleep on him if it wasn't for the sudden jolt that almost sent me flying. Lugia makes a hard halt, stopping and flapping in place. I remove my face from his neck. "W-What's wrong?" I ask, startled. He stays stationary like he's listening in on something before swaying his head back and forth. He then makes a loud roar. I sit up and cover my ears as he goes on for what felt like minutes. The clouds clear away from the waves of loud sound as Lugia listens in again. Then, appearing out of the blue, a large, red, and yellow streak strikes him. He's caught off guard, but he quickly regains his previous stance to keep his trainer from plummeting thousands of feet. As I'm regaining my senses, what appeared to attack was a... Ho-Oh!? It seemed to stare Lugia straight into the eyes before looking at me. Then, it made an ear quaking squawk, with Lugia replying to it with an equally dense roar.

As if the stop's heart attack didn't shake me enough, Lugia does a dive bomb towards the ground, giving me a shrieking scream. Once we got close to the ground, he does a power flap, flattening the ground beneath us and knocking down some trees in the process. He finally lands, giving a big 'Thump!'. I basically fall off of him, flopping on my back to the hard earth. I try to hold in my lunch as I stand back up in an incredible amount of nausea. The Ho-Oh makes a lightning-quick landing, not stopping until he makes a soundless landing on the floor, like a ninja sneaking into a palace. They both have a staredown as I back up, waiting for impending destruction. I would have started running if I wasn't pulled into a bush. I'm being held by my shoulders, but my attention doesn't divert from Lugia. He shoots a colossal wind burst from his mouth at the bird, with the Ho-Oh holding it back with a whirl of fire. While my eardrums were being burst, I took a look at what pulled me back into the bush.

It looked like she was White, but you could tell she was Asian if you looked hard enough. She is sporting a large blue, sparkly tank top covered mostly by an equally blue denim vest. In fact, I think all she was wearing is blue, she's relatively familiar. She has some glowing cyan shorts, long but tight on her legs, and lastly, she had some blue golf gloves. She had long hair, going down to her thighs while she sat behind me.

"Are you alright?" She asks me, not letting go of my shoulders. I give her a stare, but then it hit me! "W-Wait, are you that girl from that statue?" I answer the question with a question. "Yeah, my name is Kaitlynn; now, is everything okay?" She pursues. "Yeah, I'm fine," I reply. "Good, then what the hell happened over there?" She points outwards towards the crater that Lugia and the Ho-Oh made and are also fighting in. "I... honestly don't know, I'm just going to let it play out," I say while a stray gust of wind blows the trees around us away. "And I think we should do it at a distance!"