(Extra) How Markus and Mewt met

Heya! It's your favorite Wattpad creator who hasn't touched his account in 20 years! This is a little come back gift. I'm working on a draft for another world and forever mine rn and I just want to make this as a little quip, because if not Lucario, Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon (in more ways than one owo) and I also wanna develop Markus a tiny bit so he isn't so static. He's supposed to be your "Right-hand man." Enough of me rambling, let's see how these questionable Lovers met.

*************************************************************************************************************

    "What do you mean I have to 'follow in her footsteps'?!" I say in air quotes. "Her being a trainer is what made her spiral into that mess!" I exclaimed to my dad, who sighs and puts his hand on my shoulder. "Please, Markus... Don't say that about your mother, it shouldn't stop you from trying it as well," he gets in a serious tone. "She wanted you to do this, don't let one of her slip-ups deter you" "Slip-up? That 'Slip-up cost her life!" I make a long sigh as I think of a decision. "Fine... But It's not like I'll get far anyways... Everyone is going to be a good year ahead of me," I make a long face. He pats me on the back and smiles. "Then get ahead, I believe in you, and I bet if she were here, your mother would too just as well" He gets up and goes into the pantry, digging through a dusty box. "Ah! Here they are!" He tosses me a Poke' Ball, a Luxury Ball, and a yellow crystal. "Uh, what's with the glowy paperweight?" I look at him. "It's a revive, it'll bring your Pokemon back if they faint," he says. "Yeah... If I catch one," I murmur, standing up off the couch and grabbing one of my thin jackets. My dad waves me off as I open the front door. "Good luck Markus!" He winks at me. I roll my eyes and walk outside.

I take a deep whiff of the outside air. A lovely summer breeze rolls over my face as the warm yet bleak air heats my face. It's a stereotypical summer day, a perfect day for ice cream or to go to water parks, watching kids play with their Squirtles or Magikarp and whatnot. I walk down the road, taking a turn onto the One-hundredth and first route.

To my surprise, there is a plethora of Pokémon infesting the forest. The bushes rustle with life while I walk meekly with my hands in my pockets. There aren't many Pokémon that interest me honestly, not that I planned to be a Pokémon trainer. They were like wonders when I was a little kid.. but after what happened to Mum... my whole view of them was turned upside down, stretched in and out, and torn into pieces. Could I blame the mon's themselves? Of course not! But it always gives me a nagging feeling whenever I think of them. I almost broke my friend's nose for mentioning the name "Giratina," Arceus save them if they start talking about the incident.

I take out the Poke' ball, opening and fidgeting with its design. It makes me wonder what they used to tame Pokémon before their invention. My spacing off is interrupted when I notice that I'm fingering the air.

"H-Huh? Where'd it go-"I look up to see a troop of Aipom toying with the ball. "Hey! Give me that back, you monkey!" I lunge at them, with the Aipom swiftly dodging without hesitation. They make an annoying guffaw before climbing onto another tree and getting on the branches, taunting me with the ball. "Why you little-"I chase after the mon holding the ball as it swings branch to branch. I do a short hop and grab onto its tail, making the Aipom scream its head off. As I'm mid-flight, I notice the small but bottomless pit right below me. All a sudden, the Aipom flies out of my sight, and I'm surrounded by dark. I'm no Kirito, so this fall might actually kill me. Too bad I lucked out and landed on the arm, breaking my wrist. I don't know what was louder, the snap or my scream. Probably the latter.

I roll in pain on the hard rocky ground for a few seconds, but I manage to hold back my tears. I stand up slowly, holding my left forearm as I cringe in severe pain. My first couple minutes into my journey and I already broke a bone. "FFFUUUCKKK!" I let out my rage by kicking a rock.