Preface

PREFACE

          There are hundreds of reasons why I wrote this short story. One was to express. The other was to open the minds of people about the topic that our society has been dreadfully avoiding; suicide. Suicide is an act of killing yourself as a result of depression. Oftentimes, we have refrain from talking about the certain topic. Why? Is it because we’re afraid or is it because we don’t want to be involved? The answer to the question may be the latter. Suicide is a sensitive issue. It’s something that we shouldn’t take too lightly. But we must know that suicide is never the answer.

In this short story, it focuses on a girl, a boy, and suicide. These tracks are highly connected to the story so I suggest that you listen to it while reading.

§  How to Disappear Completely – Radiohead

§  How to Save a Life – The Fray

§  Untitled – Simple Plan

§  Invisible – Hunter Hayes

§  Skyscraper – Demi Lovato

§  Breathe Me – Sia

§  Don’t Jump – Pink

§  Save You – Simple Plan

§  By the Grace of God – Katy Perry

There were, however, some problems I encountered during the process of writing this story. I don’t know what it feels to do self-harm and I didn’t want to try it myself. It also took me some time to research about depression, suicide, and self-harm. Never in my life have I thought of doing that, yet I didn’t want to resort to guessing what they feel.

This book is meant for people with lost, wandering souls. It’s meant for those in trouble or need. I hope that this book sparks a hope inside your heart.