day 5 | making amends

Note: I apologise for the loooongest wait ever and I doubt any of you still remember the storyline up until now but here's the update I promised!

ITS HARD TO LOOK at someone the same way again after you finally know how they truly feel about you. As for Soojin's case, she knows nothing about being in a relationship, much less even, considered or imagined Taehyung as something more than just a friend.

It's funny, how feelings work. One moment it's just... that, and then in the next second you're caught completely off guard by a huge wave of emotions. She knows one thing for sure, though, Taehyung definitely has had some experience before.

With the way he so casually locks his fingers in between hers and tosses her a smile that makes her heart do a somersault in her chest. When she feels the warmth radiating back and forth through their connected hands, she thinks she can get used to it.

Its also funny, how one looks so much more beautiful after you begin to fall in love with them. Well, not like he wasn't already beautiful before.

No. Taehyung was always beautiful.

Even when he'd come prancing into Soojin's apartment at 4 in the morning with his hair sticking in different directions and his breath and clothes reeking of alcohol. Even when he'd sweat profusely while working at the cafe until his face started flushing pink. Even when he'd sob like a baby after eating that spicy ramen she warned him not to.

Taehyung was always beautiful.

Soojin just never admitted that out loud before.

At the moment, his mere touches feel like fire grazing across her skin and his voice sounds twice as angelic. If that's even possible. She doesn't ask him when, or how, his feelings developed and evolved. But the way their hands fit perfectly as if they're made for each other is enough of a reassurance.

And maybe it's also the way Taehyung tosses her an intoxicating smirk before saying, "Make your pick, princess," gesturing at the rows of cars in front of them as if he'd have enough money to afford all of them if she wanted.

When Taehyung came over to her apartment this morning, Soojin didn't expect him to lead her all the way to a car rental place before sunrise, when it was still dark out and the whole neighbourhood was sleeping. But then again, when was anything he ever did ever come as expected?

Soojin adds that to her list; Taehyung's spontaneous yet crazy decisions. Another trait that makes him even more special.

At the moment, she just needs to put into account which car would be the right one for them to take on a 3 hour trip to Daegu. It's still a little dark out, and the street lights are too far away so they're depending on the flashlights on their phones to light the way.