day 6 | lets live forever

Chapter playlist (highly recommended): The Night We Met by Lord Huron; Hey Jude by The Beatles; So Well by Dawes; Uptown Girl by Westlife; Can't Help Falling In Love by Haley Reinhart

The Night We Met by Lord Huron; Hey Jude by The Beatles; So Well by Dawes; Uptown Girl by Westlife; Can't Help Falling In Love by Haley Reinhart

SOOJIN STARES AT HER HANDS wide-eyed, heart pumping inside her chest as she rereads the plane ticket in her hand multiple times to make sure she isn't still asleep and dreaming.

Incheon Airport — Las Vegas

"You have got to be kidding me."

"Nah," Taehyung says simply, tugging on her hand as they pass through a group of tourists gathering. He's busy trying to read the signs and figuring out which terminal they should head to. Clearly, he's never been overseas before. He looks awfully clueless.

Soojin can only allow herself to be dragged around like a poor puppy. Much like the man leading the way, she's just as confused. Except that she's not just confused, she's in practically in shock.

When the hell did Taehyung even save the money to buy these tickets?

Doesn't he know how expensive it is to fly all the way from Seoul to the US?

Why isn't he answering any of her questions?

"Excuse me, sir. Can you direct us to uh..." He glances down at his plane ticket. "Terminal 138."

The man raises his arm in the right direction and Taehyung thanks him, bowing at least three times before leading Soojin away to the way they've been shown.

"S-Slow down," Soojin tells him, but Taehyung doesn't seem like he has any intention of doing that.

They manage to find the terminal just as the waiting line is getting shorter and shorter. Taehyung tugs her into the back of the line and finally allows himself to catch his breath.

"Ah, travelling is such a hassle, really," he complains with a groan, straightening his clothes and then his back. His facial expressions give off the vibe of an old man. Soojin just stares at him, tongue tied. He tosses her a glance and then just smiles.

"We'll talk when we get on the plane."

When they reach the front of the line, a stewardess with a pretty uniform greets them, checks their passports and collects their tickets before they're allowed to go.

Soojin remembers the last time she went on a plane. It was when she was coming to Seoul for the first time. Far away from her family at home to an almost foreign place.

She still remembers clearly the fear she felt that day. Back then, she would've never thought that she'd be back here. Going back to Las Vegas tonight of all times. She didn't even get to make any preparations because she'd literally been jolted awake in the car and tossed her plane ticket and passport without a word.