3. his kindness

Tokuma Hitomo didn't totally understand the English language. it was a jumble of letters and was difficult to learn. she wasn't alone with this thought.

but it had become apparent that Kuramochi was quite good at English. no one expected him to be, but he just keeps surprising you, huh?

Hitomo needed to ask a question, but the teacher was taking an awful long time with another student. and Kuramochi was just a couple seats away.

taking a deep breath, Hitomo stood up from her seat. she picked up her sheet and made her way over to Kuramochi.

"uh, Kuramochi. i have a question about this part," she said softly. "could you help me a bit?" she tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and looked at him hopefully.

he looked a little startled, but he smiled with a nod. "sure! what part is giving you trouble?" she placed her paper on his desk and sighed.

"all of if?" she said sheepishly. he laughed.

and so, he walked her through the question bit by bit. he helped her countless times with the pronunciation of words and never got upset if she asked him to repeat himself multiple times.

when they were all done, she had a much better understanding of the material.

"sorry for taking up so much of your time," she apologized. "you didn't get to finish your work."

"it's no problem. i'll just cram it tonight," he said. she frowned, before taking a deep breath.

"do you want to work together on the rest tonight? i'll probably need more help with it and if we work together we could probably get it done faster," she offered shyly. "but if you don't want to that's fine! on second thought, i think i've got the rest down. ." her voice trailed off as she fiddled with her paper and pencil.

"no, that sounds great." he smiled widely, and the bell rang. "want to meet in my dorm? or the library?"

"your dorm should be fine. i just can't stay too late because my parents will worry. i have to be home no later than ten," she explained.

"that's tons of time. i'm dorm five in the spirit dorms. is eight alright?" he was being really considerate.

"yeah, that's perfect! i will see you tonight!" she smiled and went back to her seat to pack up her things.

today, in a boring old english class, Hitomo had found another reason to love Kuramochi. she had fallen in love with his kindness. how considerate he was towards others.

she was very glad she had suggested that.

----------

this isn't my best but i like it. i've written worse.

i hope you guys enjoyed this! i will be updating signed later today, as well as publishing a whole new book. ive been doing that a lot lately. but the new one will have much slower updates than other ones.

i also need to update my oneshot book. i  have a lot to do today.

sorry this took so long! this book wont be too long, so it'll be over before i know it. hopefully i can finish it before the school year gets too crazy. we all know i wont finish this before the school year starts.

see you soon!