4. his eyes

at eight o'clock that night, Tokuma Hitomo knocked on the door to Kuramochi's dorm. she held her books close to her chest as she waited for the door to open.

she heard something crash and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. but she lightened up when the door opened and she saw a sheepish Kuramochi at the door.

"are you okay? is this not a good time? we can just skip it tonight-" he held up a hand.

"no, it's fine. i was just caught off guard by the knocking," he admitted, laughing breathlessly.

"oh. well, next time i can knock softer if you'd like," she offered. he shook his head.

"no need. come on in," he moved out of the way and Hitomo stepped into the room.

she could immediately tell it was a boys room, from the moment the door opened. it smelt like some kind of cologne as well as some type of air freshener only a boy would buy.

in fact, she saw a little tree fragrance thing hanging on a fan in the corner. she smiled softly. boys.

the room was quite clean, considering three boys lived here. perhaps they were just cleaner than most boys. her brothers rooms were definitely not this clean.

he motioned her over to sit beside him on the bed. she did, placing her books on her lap.

"ready to start?" he asked her, and she nodded.

"ready as i'll ever be, i suppose." she smiled nervously, pulling out her paper.

"if you have any questions feel free to ask me, okay?" she nodded. "let's get this party started."

***

an hour later, both teens had migrated to the floor. both laying on their stomachs side by side. they had gotten a little distracted ten minutes earlier when his roommate Sawamura busted the door open and started yelling something about Kuramochi having a girlfriend before he was herded out of the room.

"he sounds interesting," Hitomo said, smiling widely. "he has no problems talking like that to his upperclassmen."

"yeah, he's a real pain in the ass," Kuramochi said. they laughed. "but it's been worse before."

"oh really? what did he do?" she pushed her books to the side and gave Kuramochi her undivided attention.

he started full out ranting about the time, a week into his first year, Sawamura ate all the pudding they had, which belonges to the previous third year Masuko-san. the two started laughing, giggling as they hit the floor with their fists.

Hitomo looked at Kuramochi, who was still laughing his ass off, and just stared at his face. time seemed to slow down as she took in the details of his face.

it had no blemishes, although his cheeks were a bit rosy from laughing. his jawline was sharp, sharper than the ones other boys in their class had. and his eyes, with the lighting just perfect, were a warm brown she had only seen once before. and she fell in love all over again.

but time resumed and the two paused in their laughter.

"are we friends?" Kuramochi asked suddenly. "i hope we are."

"of course we're friends, Kuramochi," she said. "what made you think we weren't?"

"i don't know. we haven't been talking for a long time and this is the first time we've actually like, hung out together." he looked away from her, cheeks flushing.

"well, we're friends. and for the record, i've considered us friends for a while."

he looked back over at her and smiled, and she nearly swooned.

"that's good."

--------------

okay this took a hot second and im sorry. but i like how this turned out!! i hope you enjoyed!!

i don't know when the next one will be out but i'll get it done as soon as i can!!

see you soon!