6. his gentleness

Tokuma Hitomo had always been clumsy. everyone around her knew it. her friends knew it, the teachers knew it. hell, her dad teased her about it at home. she just paid so little attention to her surroundings sometimes and that's what messed her up.

so, tripping over her laces and falling down the last couple steps wasn't really a surprise to her. she was used to tripping, but that didn't make it hurt any less.

she hissed in pain, trying to gather up her books. a few loose papers were spread out around her, but other than that her things were okay.

"jeez," she mumbled to herself. "ouch."

"ouch is right," she heard from beside her. she looked over and saw Kuramochi walking towards her, hands shoved into his pockets. he gave her a once over and winced, face contorting.

"you gonna help me up?" she asked him, reaching up a hand to him. he rolled his eyes and hauled her up, bending down to pick up her things.

"your laces again?" he asked her, handing her her things. she nodded, and he looked down at her knees again. "i'm amazed you didn't sprain your ankle. but your knees are all scratched and bleeding."

"yeah, these floors can be a real pain." she laughed at her dry joke. "but i'll be fine. i'll just clean them up at home." she waved it off, shrugging nonchalantly. her parents wouldn't be surprised that this happened to her.

"you can come to my dorm instead. can't have you walking home like that," he teased lightly. he caught sight of her hands and frowned. "you busted up your hands too? jeez, give me your books." he practically ripped them from her hands and started walking.

"really, Kuramochi. you don't have to do this," she tried to tell him, but he didn't even turn around.

"yes i do. what kind of friend would i be if i didn't?"

she felt a weird twinge in her chest when he said friend, but she shrugged it off. must be from when i fell.

***

they arrived at his dorm in no time, and Kuramochi sat her down at the desks chair. he rummaged through a couple small boxes before coming back with bandaids and some kind of bottle.

she reached for the things but he nudged her hands out of the way, kneeling in front of her.

he quickly got a tissue from the box on the desk and set to work. his hands, although callused and firm, were surprisingly gentle. he had a soft touch as he gently cleaned up her hands and put the bandaids on, doing the same to her knees.

it stung, sure, but every time she flinched, she saw his eyebrows furrow and he would pause in his actions. as if he didn't like the thought of hurting her.

when he was done, he wiped his hands on a tissue and stood up. her hands and knees hurt a lot less thanks to him.

"thank you so much, Kuramochi," she said softly. "you really didn't have to."

"of course i did!" he said. she waited for him to say why, but he was silent.

"well, i guess i should be going home now." Kuramochi coughed awkwardly, nodding. "i will see you tomorrow, yeah?" she looked at him hopefully and he smiled.

"well duh. we're in the same class." he laughed, and she punched his arm.

"don't laugh at me!" she said, picking up her things and walking to the door. "goodbye Kuramochi."

he waved her out, smiling as she closed the door.

oh jeez. i'm a gonner, Hitomo thought as she walked home. all she could think about was how soft his touch was and how gentle he was. the comforting warmth his hands gave off. she sighed.

his gentle side was to die for.

---------

hey-o. this was actually easy to write. this wiki says he has a caring side and is surprisingly good at taking care of others, so i knew i had to do this chapter.

there are 2 MAYBE 3 more chapters, but i think i'm gonna stick to 2 more. this isn't a long book, but i had fun writing it and that's what matters.

honestly, all of my books are just drabbles really. i struggle a lot with getting the word count up high and when i can't get it up i lose motivation and it's an endless cycle. but! at least im writing something, which is what i enjoy doing so that counts for something right?

anywho, i will see you soon!