Chapter 1

You run up the stairs and into your room. You close the door as fast as you can behind you and lock it.

"OPEN THE DOOR!" your stepfather yells. You let yourself fall onto the soft bed and feel the tears running down your cheeks. "Lillian!" you hear him kicking against the door. You grab a pillow and hold it tight to your chest.

"LILLIAN!" you hear him yell again. You close your eyes and try to calm yourself. It'll be okay, it'll be fine, you lie to yourself.

The door swings open and you see your stepfather standing in the doorway with a face as red as a tomato. "No, please don't," you beg softly through the tears when he slowly walks towards you.

"Lilly," he says calm, "do you see this?" He shows you some of the shards of the cup you accidentally broke earlier. "No, no please don't," you say and hold the pillow tighter against your body. He sits on the bed and looks at you, all scared and crying in the corner of the bed.

"Oh baby girl," he begins and grabs your arm, "be more careful next time." He smiles and presses the glass into your flesh. It hurts like hell and you feel the warm blood running down your arm. You scream.

He releases you and pushes you off the bed. He throws the shard covered in blood in front of you. "Think before you do something, you stupid bitch," he says and leaves the room.

You push yourself up with your unharmed arm and sit on the ground with your back leaning against the bed. You look at your arm. It's still bleeding. You slowly pull the shard out of your flesh and grab your handkerchief to wrap it around the bleeding wound.

Your eyelids become heavy but you don't want to pass out. You try to fight the sleep but then everything becomes blurry.

A/N: please let me know if you liked it and if you want to read more, and please vote (:

xx- Marly