Chapter 13

"What's your favourite food?" Thomas asks. "Lasagna," you answer with a smirk. Thomas nods and looks on the internet for a tasty recipe. "Do you want salad with it?" he asks. You shrug. "Sure, why not."

Thomas writes the ingredients down on an envelope that didn't seem really important and gets off the chair. "Ready?" he asks. You throw the black hood from the hoodie you wear every time you go outside, over your head and nod. Thomas laughs and grabs the car keys from the table. "Let's go then," he says and opens the door.

A nervous feeling swells up when you drive over the parking lot of the supermarket looking for a spot. "There!" you say when you see an empty spot. Thomas parks the car and turns of the engine. "We're here," he says and gets out of the car. You do the same and walk to the side of Thomas.

"Nervous?" he asks when you approach the entrance of the supermarket. You nod. "Quite," you reply and walk into the supermarket. Thomas gets a basket and starts reading the list out loud. "So can you get some milk, mozzarella and olive oil?" he asks. You nod. "Milk, mozzarella and olive oil, got it."

You walk away from Thomas and decide to look for the olive oil first. After having obtained the oil you head towards the dairy section. You examine every pack of milk carefully to find the one you've seen in Thomas' fridge.

You smile when you see the familiar package. When you reach out to grab the milk someone grabs your wrist. You look up and see him smiling at you. "Hi there honey," he says and laughs, "thought you escaped, didn't you? Well, think again." After he said that he turns your wrist around. "Scream and I'll break your wrist," he whispers.

You look at him, hoping it's just an illusion again. But you know it isn't. The pain is real. You look him in the eye your eyes filled with fear and strange enough, anger. You can't let him control your life! You must do something.

"I am not going back," you say in a hushed voice and kick your stepfather right under his knee. He falls to the ground and you look at him. He laughs. "Well, well, my little girl has grown up," he says while he slowly getting up, "let's see what you can do with a broken neck."

Just when he wants to place his hands around your neck, you hear a voice. "Margaret, there you are, have you got the ingredients?" You look behind you and see Thomas approaching. When he stands next to you, he places his arm around your waist. You look down at the milk and grab a pack. "Thanks," he says while placing the milk in the basket.

He looks at your stepfather and smiles. "Good day, sir," he says and walks off with you. While you're walking away you see the mozzarella and throw it in the basket.

Once you sit down in the car you hide your face in your hands. "Was that him?" Thomas asks. You sit up straight and look forward. "That was him," you confirm.

A/N: heey heey, hope you all enjoyed, let me know what you think and please vote.

xx- Marly