Chapter Three

Olivia Paige Guiselle.

As soon as the clock struck nine, I was out of the door. I had a chaotic day at work today. Between my boss's attempted gropes and rude customers; I was sure I wouldn't survive the rest of the day. Who knew that working at H&M would be so difficult.. 

I walked out into the deserted food court; I needed to grab a bite to eat since my boss made me skip lunch for showing up late for the fourth time this week. 

"Hi." I smiled, greeting the cashier at Taco Bell. I sighed, deeply, as I looked at the menu. Biting my lip while I recited my order, I exchanged my money for my food, and I said my farewells before leaving. 

On my way towards the mall's exit, I heard someone calling out, "Aye!" 

Assuming they were calling me since I was pretty much the only one in the food court other than the custodians cleaning things up. Scrunching up my perfectly, arched eyebrows while turning around to meet to voice calling after me. 

Immediately I recognized the guy from last night. Jerome, was his name, I think. "Hi.." I greeted, awkwardly, gathering my hair and placing it on one side of my shoulder. 

"Hey, Olivia, you remember me from last night?" He questioned, rubbing his hand through his waves. Kind of hard to forget; I made a complete fool of myself. Sighing, loudly, I smiled a tight a smile before nodding, slightly. "Yes... I'm sorry about that. I behaved foolishly. I should have slowed down on the liquor and..." I rambled on before cutting off my sentence, noticing the smirk sitting on his face. "It's cool ma, we all have those nights." He stated, chuckling, lightly. "But I was wondering if I could get your number. I'd love to get know the girl behind that gorgeous face." He continued. 

I could practically see my face heating up as I blushed deeply. "That was corny." I laughed, biting my lip. "I got a laugh out of you though." He smiled, showcasing his bright, perfect, white teeth. Laughing out again while grabbing his phone, programming my number under "Olivia".

"Call me." I smiled before walking off towards my car.

-

"So Olivia, are you ready to talk?" Dr. Reynolds, questioned, gripping her journal to her chest. 

I sighed, deeply, I needed this. "Yes." I bit out.

"So tell me about your mother. Are you guys close?" 

Chuckling bitterly, "Of course not. She despises me. Every since I killed her 'beloved', she's hated me." Images of that night flooded through my mind.

Suddenly my mother's cries grew louder and the sound of glass crashing caused me to scramble unto my feet and scurry up front only to find my father hovering over my mother, his hands wrapped around her throat, strangling her. Her face slowly began to change to a deep red as she thrashed and flailed her arms wildly, struggling to release herself from his iron grip.

Searching the room frantically, my eyes landed on the long, black rod lying on the wall beside the fireplace. I ran towards it, grabbing it.

I tightened the grip on the rod before I swung it towards my father's head causing him to fall limp onto the floor.

A puddle of blood splattered across the floor while I stood there frozen, staring into my father's cold, lifeless brown orbs.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!" My mother cried, angrily, snatching me up by my hair before cradling my father's lifeless body in her arms. "You stupid fucking bitch, you've killed him." My mother cried, tears running down her face. "You will rot for this, you stupid little bitch." She threatened, wiping the tears from her face while stalking toward my little body. "I'm sorry mama, I was only trying to help." I sniffled. 

She dragged me up the stairs before beating me black and blue. "Stay here, you little brat, dry up those tears before the cops come." She yelled, her face radiating rage. 

"Soon after that the cops showed up, I don't how they came to know about what had taken place, probably our nosy ass neighbors. They never knew how to mind their own business." I stated, wiping the tears from my face with the cloth Dr. Reynolds provided me with. 

"This is a step toward success, Olivia. I'm sorry that you had to endure that but those traumatic experiences they've sculpted you into the person you are today." She stated, smiling. "I can already see change, that weight has been lifted from your shoulders now that you've talked to someone about it." She smiled, grasping my hand. I smiled, gratefully. 

I do feel better, like a weight has been lifted. 

-

"Give us the dirty little details about that fine ass dude, we saw you with Friday night!" Ashley squealed, clapping her hands while getting comfortable on my sofa. "Yeah one minute you guys are basically fucking on the dance floor the next he's carrying you to our car, telling us that you need to get home." Lauren stated, lifting her eyebrows up, questionably. 

"Well... I totally embarrassed myself. After I tried to give him a blow job, the liquor caught up with me and I threw up on his shoes." I mumbled, palming my forehead. 

"Oh.. well did you at least get his number?" Ashley questioned. 

"Well he's got my number, we sort of ran into each other last night when I was leaving work." 

"Aw," Lauren drawled on, her blue eyes lighting up.

"Ooooo- you better get you some!" Ashley exclaimed. 

I bit my lip running my fingers through my hair before my phone vibrated, a text flashed on the screen "Hey Beautiful. - Jerome" A goofy smile captivated my face as I reread the text to confirm whether my mind was playing tricks on me. 

"Is that him?" Lauren gushed. 

"Of course it's him, you see that stupid smile on her face." Ashley laughed out. 

I bit my lip before replying with a simple, "Hi."

-

Author's Note: I just wanted to thank you guys for all the support, I truly appreciate it. Don't forget to leave feedback and vote. I LOVE YOU GUYS <333