Medical Miracle

"Jack, are you still in there?"

Dark stood in front of the door of Jack's recording room, the Irishman tentatively cracking it open to look at Dark.

"The fuck is going on with them? They're all....different." Jack hissed, his body tense as if expecting Jackie to leapt out from behind Dark.

"I know, but we have this under control, so you can leave the room." Dark assured Jack.

Jack hesitated before he cautiously stepped out, gazing down the hall where Google was struggling to corral the Septic egos.

"You guys know what's happening?" Jack questioned, Dark shaking his head with an exasperated sigh.

"No, but Doctor Iplier has had a breakthrough. Apparently, the longer the egos stay like the way they are, the more they become like the person they believe themself to be." Dark stated grimly.

"How do we fix this? Can....can we even fix this?" Jack whispered, running a hand through his hair.

"We'll do everything we can to figure out what happened. For now, I would steer clear of Jackie." Dark advised.

"Right..." Jack trailed off as his gaze swept across his egos once more before he retreated into his bedroom, Dark returning to the living room.

"Hey Google, have you found anything else that can help us understand what is wrong with the Septics?" Dark prompted Google, the ego's eyes turning blue for a moment.

"I am still yielding no search results." Google answered, Dark frowning in response as he walked over to Marvin.

"Marvin, did your magic cause this?" Dark interrogated, the mute shaking his head no with a shrug.

"He doesn't even do magic, I do." Chase spoke up, Dark ignoring him as he knelt in front of the former magician.

"I need you to try to remember who you are, Marvin the Magnificent." Dark directed, M.M looking confused.

"Enough with the 'mute' bullshit too, I know you can talk." Dark growled impatiently, M.M's eyes widening in fear as he shrank back from the dark ego.

"Dark, interrogating Marvin to try and get him to remember who he is will not help us." Google interjected matter of factly.

"Look, I have work I have to get back to-

"I can't let ya go anywhere Jameson, not until you're back to your normal self." Wilford interrupted gently.

"What the hell are you talking about?! This is my normal self!" Jameson protested irritably, Dark glaring at the ego to silence him.

"Google, I have an idea for Chase." Dark spoke up, muttering something quietly to the ego before facing Chase.

"Chase, you should call Stacy." Dark suggested, Anti immediately becoming enraged.

"Why should Chase call that bitch? She took my kids away from me!" Anti snarled vehemently.

"Anti, you aren't married, and you don't have kids." Dark groaned, Anti rolling his eyes.

"Chase, just do what I ask." Dark directed, Chase glancing over at Anti before retrieving his phone from his pocket and walking to the kitchen.

Everyone in the living room could hear the two talk, Chase sounding nervous while Stacy sounded angry.

"H-hello?"

"The hell do you want Chase? It's my weekend to have the kids."

"I'm sorry, what? I...I don't have kids."

"Are you serious Chase? Playing the stupid card won't make me change my mind."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Like hell you don't! How could you forget the kids so easily? Is your dumbass channel more important than them?!"

Silence hung in the air for a moment, Dark poking his head into the room to see Chase visibly shaking as he sat down at the table.

"Chase?"

The male didn't even glance in Dark's direction as he abruptly shot to his feet, striding to his own room and retrieving something from under his pillow before going into the bathroom before locking himself in.

"Chase!" Dark repeated louder, Jameson's eyes widening as he ran to the bathroom door and tried pulling it open.

"What did you do to him?" Jameson hissed, Chase's sobs audible from inside the bathroom as well as the soft click of a gun.

"I f-forgot everything, h-how could I-I forget t-the kids?" Chase hiccuped through his tears, Dark exchanging a look with Jameson before ramming against the door.

"Stop it!"

Dark paused as Schneeple strode past the dark ego, kneeling in front of the door before placing a hand against the barrier separating him from Chase.

"D-Doc? I can't do this anymore, I can't! Stacy promises that I'll get the kids one weekend, but that's never happened...what if my kids hate me like Stacy does?" Chase whispered.

"Chase-"

"Jameson, since vhen could you talk? Besides, last time I checked, I am zhe qualified doctor here." Schneep cut in sharply before returning his attention to Chase.

"Chase, buddy, can you let me in? I just vant to talk." Schneep pleaded, tension thick in the air before Chase reluctantly opened the door.

Schneep wordlessly pulled the male into a hug, letting him cry on his shoulder as he held his friend in his arms.

"What-how did Henrik also remember who he is?" Doctor Iplier blurted, Dark smiling faintly as he looked at the doctor.

"Chase is Doctor Schneeplestien's patient, doctors never forget their first patient."