uncle vinny

vincent and darryl sat on the couch in the living room, zak snoring softly on the latter's lap. "why does he call you daddy? why does he seem more... childish than usual?" the words sound weird in vincent's overwhelming french accent and darryl stares softly at zak before answering.

"um, he does something called age regression," darryl begins, running his fingers through his little's soft hair. "he has really bad depression and anxiety so basically his mind reverts back to that of a small child. and he can't exactly care for himself when he's like this, so i agreed to be his caretaker, hence why he calls me daddy. we started dating before but we've been doing this for a few months, but i already notice he's happier when he's both big and small, i love seeing him so happy." a small smile sent towards vincent and zak from darryl makes vincent soften immediately.

"i would like to know more and care for him as well, he might be more kind this way, who knows." laughter spreads around the room and zak shifted slowly.

"mm... daddy? uncle vinny?" darryl smiles at vincent's blush and grin at the new nickname.

"hey, zak." vincent greets the small boy and is startled when zak tries his best to curl up in his lap.

"i love you," the boy mutters gently before going back to snoring, now on vincent's lap. "i love you too." vincent's heart warms up and darryl smiles gently, he loves these two boys so much.

"vincent!" the boy is shaken awake by another. "get up please!" vincent rubs his eyes and grabs his glasses that he put on the dresser next to the guest bed.

"darryl? what's up?" the soft tone is filled with worry as darryl is frantic and shaking a little.

"i think lucy ate something she wasn't supposed to and i really need to take her to the vet, it would mean so much if you could watch zak, i think he's gonna be little today." vincent nods sharply, darryl should have already known his response but he thanks him and runs off with a kennel in hand.

vincent looks off to the alarm clock and notices it's seven am, he can rest some more and so could zak, they would be fine. he puts his glasses off to the side again and turns over to hopefully sleep.

but an hour later, the french boy was again shaken awake by a different person. "uncle vinny, i had a nightmare." the sobs make vincent's heart break and he finds himself fully awake, arms around the older boy.

"hey, zakie, why don't we get some milk and blankets and pillows and build a fort in the living room?" the tears momentarily stop as zak looks in awe and nods rapidly.

and so vincent grabs a bunch of blankets and pillows from all the bedroom, gets milk and cereal for the little and pancakes for himself and they build a fort in the living room. it was huge and could most likely fit darryl in it if he were to come back soon.

they had plenty of stuffies and vincent had even grabbed some picture books from a shelf in zak's room. they read, laugh, talked about minecraft, darryl and so much more.

a few hours later, darryl opened the front door and placed lucy's kennel down, letting the now fully healthy dog out of her confinement. he watched her run, immediately finding herself at a huge fort in the middle of the living room. darryl's eyebrows gently furrowed and walked over it, locking the front door behind him.

he moved what seemed to be the opening and almost aww'd out loud at the sight in front of him. vincent laid on the floor spread out almost like a starfish and zak was curled up next to him, their snores comforting to the oldest boy. he smiled gently and left shortly to go put his stuff down.

darryl returned a few minutes later in more comfortable clothes and a soft smile residing on his face. he inserted himself in the fort and laid next to his two boys, feeling himself slowly fall asleep with the warmth and comfort of the two.