[ch. 14] i will get in so much trouble for this

guys I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long omg.

comment, vote, do whatever lol

Sophie was extremely tired.

She had spent all day putting together her friend's gifts, writing little notes. Yesterday, her and Fitz had gone to Atlantis to buy gifts. Now, she was lying in bed, cuddling Iggy, and ready to close her eyes and wander into the dreamland that was her mind. 

A soft thump woke her up.

Holy shit.

It sounded like someone threw something, and Sophie's veins turned to ice.

Another thump

She crept up out of her bed, contemplating whether to alert Sandor or face the threat on her own. Technically, she knew she should tell Sandor, but if it was a poor bird that crashed into the window, she didn't want to bother Sandor, who would probably abandon the bird while it thrashed around.

Well, the bird would have crashed into the window three times now, since she just heard another thump. 

Gathering her negative emotions into a swirl of the most vibrant reds and oranges, she looked out the window, only to find....

a bed-headed Fitz Vacker.

She breathed out in relief, then frowned.

What was Fitz doing outside her window at night? That sort of stuff only happened in those cheesy young adult books Sophie had encountered when she was living with humans. 

Sophie cracked open the window, then whisper-yelled, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?", hoping Sandor couldn't hear her.

Fitz just grinned and levitated up and through her window, landing perfectly inside her room. Sophie rolled her eyes, muttering "Show-off." 

He just smiled and hugged her, kissing her head. Sophie squirmed out of his grasp. "What the hell are you doing here at-" Sophie checked the time, "one in the morning?!" 

Fitz frowned. "I couldn't sleep. Are you not happy to see me?" 

Sophie smiled slightly, giving him a hug. "I am, but if Sandor or Edaline, or even worse, Grady, find out you're here..."

Suddenly the door opened, and Fitz and Sophie jumped apart. Sandor poked his head in the room. "Fitz? Why are you- screw that, where's Grizel?"

Fitz sheepishly grinned. "Uhh, she's still outside my room at Everglen."

Sandor growled. "I'm going to tell-"

Sophie interrupted him. "Wait, Sandor! Please don't tell Grady or Edaline. The poor boy couldn't sleep!" she said, patting Fitz's head like he was a dog as Fitz over-exaggerated a pout. 

Sandor sighed. "You kids-"

"You sound like Mr. Forkle." Fitz pointed out.

Sandor growled again. "I will get in so much trouble for this, but fine."

Sophie smiled. "Thank you."

Sandor grunted and closed the door.

Fitz flopped on Sophie's bed, then grabbed her wrist and pulled her on the bed with him. He pulled the blanket back up, then wrapped his arms around Sophie. 

He nuzzled the crook of her neck, kissing it once before closing his eyes.

Sophie smiled. "Good night, pretty boy."

Fitz mock-sighed. "She called me pretty."

Sophie smiled wider. "Shut up, shit head."

Fitz mock-sighed again. "She called me shit head."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

OKAY THANKS FOR READING