Chapter 4

Harrison POV. Saturday 5th, 7:50 pm

(Did you expect a pov? Well, I’ll do one for each person from here to there. I’ll try not to do much of them cause we have to see what everyone else is seeing. Ps this is after he met with the mysterious person.)

I walk into the Club Kids, a place that’s not for kids. Walking towards the bar, tons of eyes were on me. I mean, why wouldn’t they be. I announced dead a week ago. This was the first time I’m coming out in public. The only person who saw me for the first time was her. She couldn’t keep the deal afloat and had to try and kill me, she should know a Mafia boss won’t go down that easily. Hell, my job doesn’t even know I’m alive right now. So I’m guessing my son has to take over everything right now. Poor lad is only 23, he needs to live a life.

“What would you like sir,” a voice says causing me to slip my fedora off my head, shock filled his eyes. “Just some wine if that’s okay” my voice was calm as I spoke. He nodded quickly and scurried off. Slipping my hat back on I scan the crowd. Meeting eyes who quickly look away. 

I was known as a scary man and a successful businessman, though confusion must be brought on to everyone since I’m dead. Well, was. The bartender came back and gave me my wine. I sip on it, letting the red liquid sooth my anger that was in the back of my mind. I never usually drink, I only do so when I’m angry or stress. Loud noises could be heard from outside of the bar, I sighed and pulled out a 20, giving it to the bartender I walk out the back door of the bar into an alley. Walking around the corner and away from the bar, I see reporter cars and reporters trying to get into the bar.

I sigh, I don’t want to confess what happened, nor to I want to say who it was cause he still needs her in his life sadly.

I quickly start to walk away, but a reporter saw me and called out “SIR!” I kept walking “SIR!” the male voice yelled louder, now other voices followed his. They soon caught up, running in front of me to stop me in my tracks. “Mr. Golden! You're alive!” a lady shouts, but it was hard to hear due to all the questions being thrown out. I just kept on a straight face, not saying a word that they could use against me. I just harshly push past a few people and kept walking. 

After an hour I made it to my penthouse, with them still on my trail. Cars started following half an hour ago so I just sped up the walking. Walking through the doors my guards stop me, “Sorry sir but Mr. Golden isn’t here for-” he stops after he sees my face. Mumbling a sorry I replied with a “don’t let them pass” and continued to walk to the elevator. People shouting for me as they got held back by my guards. The doors close and calm music begins to play. Exhaustion consumes me as I make it to my floor. Walking into my penthouse I walk to my bedroom, take a quick shower and slide into my pajama bottoms and slid into bed.

Letting sleep consume me.