chapter 5

Maya's pov Saturday 5th 7:50pm

Right as Jessica left, I made my way to my house phone, ringing up a number I haven't spoken to in a few weeks. Though I think we should now inform each other. It'd be nice to know some more information. I dialed the number, with three rings he picks up. We were always told to pick up after three rings. "Maya, nice for you to call. I can guess only why?" I laugh, but it was short. "Funny as you always are" I say " but yes, you're correct on why I'm calling you." "Indeed, I'll be over soon" and with that, the call ended. I moved up to my room and change into tight shorts and a short shirt. Going through my draw I come across a burnt picture of me and some other people. I pick it up and stared at it, tilting my head a bit.

The room was covered in fire, the doorway, the window, my bed. Everything, covered in fire. I screamed, well I felt myself screaming. But I couldn't hear myself. My family were trapped in their own rooms, burning alive. Their screams coming through to me. Haunting me.

When I heard three knocks on my door I was brought out of an old memory. After the three knocks there was a pause followed my four more knocks. I knew it was him. I walked to the door, unlocking the several locks on the door, I opened it to come face-to-face with Liam. Max's trusty secretary. We nod and I let him in, closing and locking it behind him. After we get a few beers we started talking in my living room. Suddenly I saw Liam look at the tv that was on, but muted. I looked over and dropped my beer. Making it crash and break all over the floor, my carpet getting wet.

Harrison was alive- he wasn't dead.

Like we all thought he was...