Chapter 4: Oh No.....

I got a call earlier today from one of my best friends' parents...Mary tried to commit suicide.

I drove to the hospital as fast as I could, not caring about how many laws I broke. When I got there I requested Mary Evans. Room 201. I ran straight there and saw her lying there, almost lifeless. As soon as I walked in I burst into tears.

I rushed over to her and held her hand, and as I sat there, tears rolling my face, I admitted one of the most difficult things I've ever admitted.

"Uh...Mary...?" I muttered. "Yes Jake..?" She said with a raspy tone in her voice. "I uh..with the past 3 years I've known you..I've fallen for you..I've fallen so hard for you..I understand if you don't feel the same way.. I just had to let you know."

She smiled and looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes and said, "Aw Jake..I like you too." And I swear to you, my heart stopped for a good five seconds when she said that to me. I was the happiest human alive that very moment. I held her hand tightly and kissed her scars. She seemed very calm to say the least. In an instant, a doctor came in and asked me politely to leave. I did as he asked and drove home. All I could think about was her in the car, and when I got home, I knew I had tons of homework, but I didn't do it because I had Mary on my mind.

The next day, Mary was at school, when I saw her, I ran up to her and tapped her shoulder. She turned around and gave me the biggest hug I'd ever received from her. "Thank you for yesterday Jake, it meant a lot to me." She said to me.