- two -

- August 16th 1968 -

Roger's POV

It was the early hours of the morning, five to be exact. I took a deep breath and then yawned, rubbing my tired eyes with my knuckles before rolling on to my side. As my eyes came into focus, I saw what seemed to be a figure laying next to me; a woman. I could only guess what happened last night as I had a lot to drink.

Being careful not to wake the stranger that was led sleeping peacefully next to me, I pulled up the duvet, peeking under, and my suspicions were confirmed. I was naked and so was she.

"For fucks sake, not again" I groaned.

This was the second time this had happened this month and we were only sixteen days in.

I tried to move my legs and body out of my bed in a way that wouldn't disturb the sleeping body, but the springs in my mattress squeaked and shouted as if they were trying to give me away. The woman shuffled her body to face in my direction.
Oh no

"Morning, babe" She said

Fuck

"Uh.. Morning" I replied, desperately looking around the room for my boxers. Our clothes were carelessly scattered around my bedroom floor but my boxers weren't anywhere in sight.

I ran over to my drawers and took out a pair of boxers, facing my back to the mysterious lady as I pulled them on. She giggled as she watched me race around my room, picking up and putting on any piece of clothing that I could find on the floor that belonged to me.

"I'm afraid youre going to have to leave" I gestured to the door of my bedroom. Her face suddenly dropped from a playful smile to a shocked and offended frown.

I picked up her clothes in a bundle and threw them onto the bed for her to put on.

"You bastard" She hissed "Tell me you love me and then sleep with me, just for the fun of it and then kick me out in the morning"

"I really am sorry, but I was shit faced"

Without another word, only huffs and the occasional scowl, she pulled on her clothes and got out of my bed, sashaying to the door. I followed her out to make sure she didn't steal or brake anything on her way.

As she left she turned to me and added "I honestly I can't believe I slept with someone as small-minded and heartless as you"

I went to close the door but a hand slammed onto the wooden surface and stopped it, pushing it back open and revealing a face. Mr Harveys. What was he doing up this early? He always seemed to be around when I didn't want him to be.

"So that was why I heard all that racket coming from behind the wall last night" He smirked.

"I- uh.. Yeah, I was drunk"

"Second time this month, Taylor"

"I know" I sighed and tried to close the door again, but once again the man's boney hand stopped me.

"I don't think so, Taylor. You can't go bringing girls in and out of this place on a regular basis just because you got drunk, and if you do you better keep the noise down.. or else" He pulled my door shut before I could answer him and I locked it.

I might as well stay up now that I was wide awake thanks to this morning's events.

I'd been going to the pub getting absolutely hammered on a more and more regular basis, somehow almost making me immune to hangovers.. Almost. I still had a headache and a dry mouth but it didn't really bother me too much; I took a couple of ibuprofen tablets anyway. Maybe not being able to control myself at the pub was partly because of the fact that I had no friends there to help me make better decisions or look after me. I really wanted a friend but the only thing I was capable of making were enemies. I always seemed to push people away. I sighed.