- five -

Roger's POV

"Thank you for listening to me, Roger."

Brian prised himself out of my arms and wiped the tears from his face.

"Anytime" I replied quietly.

He gave me a weak smile and we shared a moment of comfortable silence, just staring into each other's eyes. I took the opportunity to scan and appreciate every one of his gorgeous features, but it felt like too soon before he spoke up, ruining the moment and snapping me back to reality.

"D-do you wanna go to the park? Yknow, the big one a couple of blocks away. It would just help me.. Take my mind off of things."

".. Yeah, sure" I said, standing up and being followed over to the door by Brian, where I put my shoes on and grabbed the key. We left the apartment and I locked the door behind us, before racing the guitarist down the stairs, through the main door and out onto the street. We couldnt contain our laughter as we began to walk the few blocks to the park.

"Hey, about the band.. " I started.

Brian hummed to tell me that I had his attention, but his tone told me that he wasn't really in the mood. Still, I continued.

"Well, I have a friend.. And, well, I think he'd be a great lead singer. He definitely has the voice for it" I suggested, hoping that Brian would consider the offer, though I thought it was a long shot since Tim had just left.

"Oh, ok" He sighed.

"Oh, Bri, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up" I apologised.

He just smiled at me and the rest of the walk was spent in complete silence. It wasn't an awkward silence, however it wasn't the most comfortable either.

~

Finally, we reached the park. The sun's rays highlighted the green grass, which was littered with tiny daisies, and on the top of the hill in the distance stood a large oak tree which cast a small shadow across the ground as it was almost midday.

It was the perfect day.

I stopped admiring the scene when I noticed that Brian had ran ahead of me. He looked back at me willingly, clearly wanting me to race him..again. Somehow he hadn't gathered from last time that I was faster than him, despite him having much longer legs than me, but I was about to show him again.

I launched forward, quickly overtaking him as he flailed his arms, trying desperately to catch up with me. I wasn't really sure where we were supposed to be racing to, but I set my sight on the tree at the top of the hill, and it wasn't long before collapsed beside it, trying to catch my breath.

A few seconds later, Brian fell over, landing next to me and once again, we broke into fits of giggles.

The laughing subsided and we both were staring up at the blue sky, watching the few clouds as they passed over us.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Brian turn his head to look at me and I returned the favour, staring into his beautiful hazel eyes and then glancing down at his slightly parted lips. They looked so soft. So perfect. So kissable. I felt myself being drawn in closer to him but I didn't fight it; I couldn't, and he didn't seem to be resisting it either.

I closed my eyes and soon our lips gently brushed together.

-

Ooooh. A short chapter (581 words). Prepare for more regular chapters, hopefully.
- Robbie