Compatibility

Chuck zipped straight to his first date. He was more than ready to make a connection with someone, but his motor-beak quite wasn't. He began speaking a million words per minute.

“Hey-a! Chuck's my name, speed's my game! Do you like games? I would say yes because you just entered the love lottery and guess what? You won, 'cuz here I am!"

His date was left speechless... literally.

Tweet-tweet!

“Hi!" Bomb said to his date, Ella.

“Hi," she giggled.

Bomb shifted in his seat as they stared at each other awkwardly. He wasn't the best at dating in any way.

“I eat dirt," he confessed. Ella raised an eyebrow in confusion, and Bomb began to laugh, spitting out some dirt.

“Oh! Ew..."

Tweet-tweet!

Red, meanwhile, refused to leave her table. She was avoiding the singles at all costs, but it didn't help that they would keep coming to her.

“Hola, mi amor," a suave bird greeted. “¿ vienes aqui menudo?"

Red had no idea what he said, so she laughed nervously.

“Yeah, I'm not here for the whole speed dating horror show thing going on--"

“Perhaps a little mating dance will persuade you," he purred. Red's “date" began moving in a way she could only assume was dancing. But she was left more horrified than allured.

Tweet-tweet!

Chuck was still talking, but moved on to the next table. He was determined to find a mate, but annoyed his date immediately.

“So I'd love to hear a little bit about you. What's your favorite sign? This one's mine!"

Chuck laughed as he held up a sign that said: CAUTION: JAZZ HANDS.

Tweet-tweet!

Bomb sat with Willow, who was immediately bored out of her mind as Bomb explained his taste for dirt.

“You know, the flavor can vary greatly, depending on the minerals in the dirt. I can tell which kind of worms have crawled through there, or what sort of, like, roly-polies used it, and raised their family in.."

Well, at least he's cute, Willow thought, resisting the urge to yawn.

Tweet-tweet!

Red's next date was just plain confused.

“Uh, are you mad?" he asked.

“No," she answered flatly.

“Well, I don't know, you look mad."

“Well, I'm not," Red said, letting out a fake laugh.

“Yeah, you know what? Maybe it's your eyebrows."