Breaking Into The Superweapon

After what felt like forever, Red finally made it to the volcano's rim. There was no sign of Silver, Red just assumed she got lost in the blizzard down below. Now, she could move on to step two of her plan.

“Get to the top of the superweapon... check!" she said, out of breath and exhausted.

“Yay, you did it," Silver teased, already up there. She was drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream and roasting a marshmallow over an open fire. Red and Silver peered into the volcano. “Okay, so how's it looking down there?"

“Ooh, ooh, ooh! Do you see that?" Red asked, pointing down.

Silver gasped. “Oh, it's the superweapon!"

“No, the power supply to the superweapon," Red gestured to an outlet with a small power cord plugged into it. “All we gotta do is get down there and cut it."

Silver gave Red an incredulous look as she held up a pair of cutters.

“Okay, assuming we don't get electrocuted, there are guards there, there, and there," Silver pointed out. She activated her Silver Vision and her powerful brain helped her see the calculations and routes they needed to make Red's plan successful. “And we don't have enough rope to-"

“Watch and learn!" Red interrupted, jumping into the volcano while wearing a harness with one end of the rope clipped in.

“What?! What are you doing?!" Silver gasped, and noticed the rest of the rope still wrapped up as it was sliding through a ring screwed into the ice. “She's not clipped in!"

Silver grabbed the other end, clipped it into her harness, and jumped in after her friend.

“Red, are you crazy?!" she whispered.

“Trust me!" Red replied. “I know what I'm do-"

Red was cut off when the rope came to a stop, yanking her back up. Silver turned her body around, grabbed the rope, made a loop, lassoed Red, swung to a track on the side of the volcano, and pulled Red to bring her in, much to her chagrin.

“So yeah, rope wasn't long enough," Silver pointed out, setting Red free.

“I know that!" Red whispered, readjusting the harness and rope. “It wasn't supposed to be, that's part of my plan! Except I wanted to be over on that side! Watch this!"

With that, Red flung herself off the edge and swung to the other side of the volcano, only doing it to avoid Silver. Red grabbed the ledge of the icy track, but only by the fingers and lost her grip. She swung back to Silver.

“Oh, hello!" Silver teased.

“Hi. Now my plan really starts!" Red insisted, and pushed off the ledge again. She used both wings this time, but still couldn't make it.

“Hi, again."

“I just went back over to tell you something, but I forgot what it was. Okay, bye!" Red tried to reach the opposite ledge again... and failed again. She groaned loudly.

“Huh? You hear something?" an eagle guard asked.

Returning to the ledge, Red looked up and glared at Silver, who was smirking.