Submarine

Later that afternoon, there was panic across Bird Island. Every bird in the village saw the destruction of Eagle Mountain that morning. Red and the heist team tried to reassure everyone they'd take care of it, but the villagers were still nervous. Some even considering evacuating the island.

“Red, are we gonna be okay?" someone asked.

“Alright, guys!" she announced. “Do not worry! We got this! Red, here, has got your back! And your front, and your sides!"

“And my floof?" Jay asked, pointing to his head feathers.

“Yeah, even your cute, little floof," Red replied.

Everyone began to calm down, but Matilda, a chicken who was Red's former mentor, was still worried.

“So, are you one hundred percent sure we shouldn't evacuate?" she asked.

“No!" Pinky scoffed. “Red's gonna take care of us, right, Red?"

“Yes!" Red replied, happy to hear Pinky's words. “Everyone, please, just stay calm."

“Hey, y'all!" Alex announced. “We're gonna be okay! Red's here!"

“We love you, Red!" a hatchling shouted.

“Aw, thank you! Your support means the world to me," Red said to the crowd, and joined her crew on the dock. “Okay, Leonard, so where's our ride?"

Suddenly, a tiny, yellow submarine popped up out of the water. Everyone looked at it in surprise.

“Aww, it's so cute!" Bomb gushed as Silver took notes.

“Wow!" Red said sarcastically. “Okay. And how are we all supposed to fit in..."

“Oh, I think we'll manage," Leonard replied with a smug grin, and clicked on a remote.

Turns out, the tiny submarine was just the top of a gigantic submarine. It was so big, it blocked all the sun's rays on the beach! All of the birds stared in shock and awe. Chuck had to pull Silver's head away from her notepad to show her, and she was just as impressed.

“Oh, my God!" the mime screamed.

A pig climbed out of the hatch and announced, “All aboard!"

While the rest of the team boarded the sub, Courtney carried all their luggage.

“Anyone, uh, wanna grab their own bag, or anything?" she asked, struggling with the weight.

Once everyone else got in, Red took one last look at her fellow birds, who held up a sign that read, “R U SURE WE SHOULDN'T EVACUATE?"

“Don't screw this up, Red!" Pinky shouted. Red noticed a raft full of piggies holding up an even less supporting sign, and with worse grammer.

“if wee all DIE, eetz kinda your fawlt!"

Red began to feel less confident. What if she couldn't save them? Knowing she couldn't think that way, she took a deep breath and whispered to herself, “I got this."