{Fluff} Jay M. X [N-B] Reader : Tapes

A/N: Hey! Sorry to whoever requested this for taking so long, I've been sick and school and band all is heck but here's this! Also I made this non-binary sense there wasn't a specification of gender and just why not lmao. Enjoy!
—————————

It was currently 6:25 PM and you were sitting with one of your close friends, known as Jay Merrick. Typically he was pretty shy and jumpy, but recently it's gotten worse than you noticed before. He was recording everything, asking you weird questions every now and then, and even tried having you watch tapes with him and look at notes that made absolutely no sense.

Now, this would really drive anyone away from someone given this situation, but not you. See, the main drive in that was..you had to admit, you had some feelings for the shy boy. He returned them, though you had no clue, even if it was a bit obvious how he would always check up on you more than anyone and blushed at anything that even slightly mentioned the topic of being a couple.

Tonight was no different than other nights recently, the camera on you both as Jay took out more tapes he found. But, what he didn't know is that you slid in one that you made of your own to confess your feelings for the other. You felt like doing it that way, figuring it was better than saying it to his face.

Once the tape had played, which took a while to get to, Jay froze as he was in shock. You gulped, hoping it wasn't a bad reaction as he then latched onto you in a hug.
"I like you too, <Y/N>.." he muttered, leaving you to smile and return the embrace.
"Good, because I kinda stole one of your tapes to make this." You admitted, which made him grunt quietly but he didn't complain, instead just put another in to study with you as you both cuddled up.

It was pretty obvious that at that point, you both spent the rest of the night like that. After you ran out of tapes to watch, you managed to convince the other to watch movies the rest of the night and not worry about whatever he freaked out about all the time.

By the end of the night, you both fell asleep on the floor, entangled in one another's arms. Jay maybe being more in yours than you being in his, but he was like that. Always scared to make a movement, so you just held him close to yourself on the floor, both falling asleep too fast to realize you wanted to move to the bed or even the couch.

———————————End———————————

A/N: sorry this is bad, I've never written a thing for Jay before and didn't know where to go with it but I hope you like it anyway :)

Words: 486