I know you got a girlfriend

Everything just feels weird. I'm in college now, but without my best friend. Well I do have my other best friends. It's just that my some what boyfriend. Well actually just a thing I guess. Is at Harvard. I got a dorm in UCLA so I can have the college experience I guess. The guys wanted to do the same thing. We're all neighbors. Well dorm neighbors, but I'm so glad I have the guys.

I put my key in the door and jiggle the door knob to open it.

K: "stupid old door"

I whisper to myself.

I closed The door and set my papers on my desk that's right next to my bed. I throw my backpack onto my bed and just take a deep breath. I sit in the chair and get right to work.

:::::::

An hour has past and I'm finally done with my work and now I can finally relax. I move my stuff onto the floor and lay on my bed. When I got comfortable I hear someone knock on the door and opens.

N: "come on we're going to a party"
K: "really why?"

I wine out

N: "umm because it's the weekend"
K: "but the weekend I can just sleep in"
N: "that's why you have Saturday and Sunday"
K: "I don't want to go"
N: "come on"

He wines out

K: "no"
N: "just this once"

He gives me the puppy doll eyes. I roll my eyes.

K: "fine I'll go"
N: "yes"

He smiles widely. I get up and go to my closest to see what I can wear.

K: "I don't know why your this happy all of a sudden"
N: "well you have been studying non stop, and I think you should have a break"
K: "I know"

I look and see a nice black tight dress.

K: "what do you think about this"
N: "I like it"
K: "and with these"

I pick up some glitter heels

N: "yea that's nice"

I start to undress

N: "whoa what are you doing"
K: "getting dressed?"

I say with a confused look on my face

N: "no like undressing in front of me"
K: "oh come on we been best friends sense 2nd grade"

He rolls his eyes and sits back down.

I get into the dress and start to get the zipper but couldn't reach it.

K: "hey nick can you zip this up for me?"
N: "yea sure"

He stands up from my bed and walks towards me. I put all my hair onto my shoulder. He grabs the zipper and starts to zip it up slowly. I feel his eyes eye me down like he's a wild animal waiting to pounce on me. I put my hair back off my shoulder and turn around.

K: "thanks"
N: "you're welcome"

Just silence, but not awkward just a nice silence. We both smile.

N: "well you ready?"
K: "yea, I guess I am"

I grab my keys from my desk and head out the door.

:::::::

We arrive at the party which was a frat party. I got out of nicks car and wait for him.

N: "you ready?"
K: "yea"

We start to get closer to the party and can already smell the alcohol and the weed. We go up the stairs and go in the already open door. It was crowded so nick grabs my hand and pulls me to the guys.

N: "hey"
J: "you actually got Kacie to come!"
Nat: "awesome. Just like old times"
K: "yea I guess"
N: "hey I'm going to get some drinks you want some"
K: "sure"
N: "what kind"
K: "surprise me"
N: "sure thing"

I turn back facing the guys

Nat: "you got really close with nick huh?"
K: "yea I guess so. It's just been hard for me. You know?"
Nat: "why?"
K: "well Grayson is not here with us and him being somewhat was my boyfriend. I miss him"
J: "we all miss him"

I look down and just think about Grayson and how I wish he was with us. Me and him haven't talked in a while because we're so busy all the time.

J: "hey Christmas break is in four weeks anyways"
K: "yea I know"
J: "he said he's coming back home at Christmas time"
K: "I know"
N: "hey I got your drink"

I turn my head to nick

K:"thanks"

He hands me my drink. I take a sip of it and feel the liquor go down my throat.

K: "just what I needed. Thank you"
N: "I know you needed it"

I just drink the liquor like it's water I don't know why? I just was drinking and drinking until I can numb the pain away from thinking of Grayson. A couple of hours had past and I just kept drinking and drinking until I can't feel my body or see. All I see is holding someone's hand and go into a room. And that's when it went pitch black.