The Wizards Gift

A/n: This takes place between Jaunedice Part 1 and Part 2

I often wake up hoping to finally be able to feel the softness of the sheets on the bed. As usual, I woke up with this not happening, despite my hopes. Weiss's family is visiting from Atlas this weekend, yay me. This is one of the days that I am feeling down, thinking about what my life could've been. I don't dwell on the abuse much anymore, but it's hard not to think about what that man STOLE from me. I don't even blame my sister anymore, it's hard to after everything she has done to make it up for me. Even after I put my gun to her head, she wouldn't leave me alone. Looking out the window, I saw an Atlas bullhead land, and multiple people wheeling something into the school, and about ten minutes later, I got a message from Ozpin, telling me to go to the infirmary.

Getting there several minutes later, I saw the same machine from earlier. Ozpin stepped out from behind it.

Me: You called for me?

Ozpin: Yes I did, now you may be wondering what the purpose of this machine is.

Me: That is one of the many questions I have yes.

Ozpin: This is a project that I have been working on with the help of the top engineers in Atlas, and you are the first person that it will help.

Me: Alright, what does it do?

Ozpin: Well, it is designed to reconstruct dead nerves, as well as repair any scars that a person may have. In this case, it will reconstruct your dead nerves, as well as restore your skin to its previous state.

This is a lot to take in, but I am fully willing to test this, even if it means that there is only a slight chance that I will be able to feel again. I only have one thing to go along with this.

Me: I am willing to do it, but can I request something?

Ozpin: What would that be?

Me: The first thing I want to feel when I wake up from this, is the thing that I have been missing my entire life. A warm and loving embrace.

Ozpin: Do you know who would be able to offer that to you?

Me: Blake Belladonna.

Ozpin: Very well, I will call her from class when you are close to waking up.

I climbed into the machine after stripping down entirely, I needed to because they can't really repair my entire body while wearing a hoodie and jeans. I felt the pressure of the needles going into my skin, no doubt administering sedatives to knock me out, and anesthetics to not wake me up from my sleep. It's time to get my life back. During my time under the sedatives, I was basically getting flashbacks of being called useless, a waste of space, garbage, slave, servant, and a multitude of names that nobody should call their child. Memories of my skin being flayed off little by little, small amounts that would heal over in time. Enough to feel the pain stinging for hours on end. I saw images of me getting hit with a belt, only to get used to that pain and getting beat with the buckle.

When I awoke, it felt as if it had been days, but in reality, it has only been about two hours, the machine clearly works quick, my skin had returned to the same pale tone that it was before my family stole my life from me, I got dressed, and still couldn't feel anything. I got worried, only for Ozpin to completely rid them from me.

Ozpin: Do not be alarmed at the lack of feeling, your body is still getting used to the repaired nerve endings, and should be catching up within the next few minutes. I have called Miss Belladonna from her class, and she should be here shortly, in the meantime, you may get dressed.

I threw my hoodie, jeans, and shoes on and hid behind the machine. I slowly started to feel the shoes on my feet, then my jeans against my legs, and finally the hoodie on my back. This feels normal, I am so used to the slight amount of pressure of these things, but this feels different. I heard the door opening and footsteps entering the room.

Blake: Y/n?

I walked out from behind the machine. I immediately saw that she took notice of the lack of scars on my face, but decided against saying something about it.

Blake: What is this machine?

Me: This is a project that Ozpin was working on with the engineers at Atlas.

Blake: What does it do?

I looked down, before looking back up with a huge grin on my face.

Me: It's designed to repair dead nerve endings and replace scar tissue.

I saw her face change, she suddenly grew a glossy look over her eyes, she was close to crying, I can tell. Her voice and breathing started growing shaky.

Blake: S-S-So th-that m-means...

Me: Yeah, it does.

I opened my arms and was immediately tackled back onto a bed, but the difference is, I could feel the bed, but the biggest difference was, I could feel the warmth radiating off of Blake, and I could feel her hands on my back, and her head on my chest. I could feel the tears soaking through my hoodie. Then I started crying, I got one of the things that I have been missing for my entire life.

Me: Christ, you're warm.

She let out a sob, before pulling me closer. She was holding me like this, unable to even speak because she was so busy choking back her sobs. She said something quietly, but just loud enough for me to hear it.

Blake: I love you...

Me: Look at me.

She looked up at me for only about two seconds before I captured her lips in a kiss, that she immediately melted into. Our relationship before this was basically us flirting but doing nothing about it. We both liked each other, but I was too depressed, and Blake was waiting for me.

Me: I'm sorry that I made you wait for so long.

Blake: It was worth the wait. Because now you can feel me, and we have each other.

After another fifteen minutes of not being allowed to get up, I broke the silence with a joke.

Me: Can I tell you a secret?

Blake: What is it?

I leaned over and whispered into her ear.

Me: This hoodie is REALLY fucking itchy.

Then we both started dying of laughter.

Blake: We'll get Coco to take you shopping, but I'm coming with you, I'm not letting you go today.

Me: Fair enough. We should probably get to our dorm and a comfy bed. I know that the rest of RWBY is out for a few more hours because of classes, and you are more than likely excused from classes for the rest of the day, so shall we go?

As expected she didn't let go of me the entire way to the dorm and continued to hold onto me for dear life for the next four hours, and then the rest of RWBY walked through the door.