Unwelcome Reunion

Much to my surprise, Weiss had actually kept quiet about me to her family. But of course, all good things must come to an end, as today is when they will be visiting from Atlas. From what I understand, Winter had given into her guilt and spilled everything she did to the General and served four years in the Atlas prisons on her own volition. Apparently, she is now Ironwood's right-hand woman. I don't know whether to be afraid of what she has in store for me, but I'm fully willing to give her a chance, but I can't say the same for Jacques, depending on what he does or says, I can't guarantee that he will make it out of Ozpins office alive. My mother is another person I'm worried about. I'm told that she wasn't the same after my disappearance, and again, I can't really speak for her yet.

Blake is coming with me for moral support, and to possibly stop me from killing my father. Whitley never really did much, usually he was the one that would patch me up after my beatings, and usually bringing me food. He was usually working with Klein, the only other person on my side during the whole thing.

As I finish my thoughts, Weiss got the call that her family was here. The three of us got up and started our walk to Ozpin's office. It was generally silent, that was until Weiss spoke.

Weiss: Y/n... you didn't have to come with me.

Me: Well, at least two of them deserve to know I'm alive, Willow is a possible candidate for my forgiveness as well.

I decided to hide behind one of the front walls in the elevator until Weiss called me out. Normal pleasantries were shared until my time came.

Weiss: I actually have something to show you!

Winter: What is it?

Whitley: I'm interested.

Blake squeezed my hand reassuringly, and I stepped out of the still open elevator door. Within two seconds, a multitude of things happened. Jacques grew a scowl on his face, Winter and Willow broke into tears, and Whitley rushed over and immediately hugged me, letting all the stress of my disappearance out in the form of tears on the cloak of my beaked hood.

Me: Hey little man.

I looked at Winter, who gave me a pleading look as if she wanted to join our hug. I gave her a simple nod and within seconds, she was on top of us, letting out her stress as well.

We stood there for what felt like hours but was truly only a few minutes at most. Eventually, all the tears were let out, and we stood up normally. I turned my attention to my mother, who was still crying. Something in me broke, I couldn't stand seeing her like that for some reason, and I soon embraced her.

Me: Hey, Mom.

Ozpin was smiling at the reunion of a family before him, but nothing would have prepared him for the words out of Jacques' mouth.

Jacques: How did you make it out?!

I let go of my mother, who had now calmed down completely.

Me: What? Disappointed that you didn't kill me? Tell you what, you get one shot, and you better make it good.

I pulled out bloodlust and turned it into its gun form, loading a single round into its chamber, before flipping it and handing it over to him.

The rest of them were yelling at me to stop, but I ignored them. He took the gun and put it to my head, I could tell that he was having second thoughts. I put my hand around the barrel and put it against my forehead. In a moment of panic, he pulled the trigger. The shot rang out, the recoil of the gun still stood, the normal smoke flung out, shrouding me, I could hear the sound of anguish let out by my family, but the one let out by my girlfriend made me feel horrible. The round I loaded was a blank round. I activated my aura, healing the burn resulting from the primed gun powder, which was my only injury. The smoke cleared and my family and girlfriend expected to see my body on the floor, but only saw me standing.

I wrenched my gun out of my father's hand and putting it back in my holster.

Me: Damn, I didn't think you were man enough to do it. I guess I was wrong.

I turned around, and immediately felt a slap on my face, and then a hug. It was Blake. I totally deserved that slap. I started to rub her back as she eventually fell asleep from exhaustion in my arms. Not sleeping and all the crying that has happened has taken its toll on her. I picked her up and looked at my family, save for my father, who looks utterly ashamed of himself.

Me: Well, this was pleasant. But unfortunately, I must take my leave now.

Without another word, I turned and went down the elevator, walking to our room and laying her down. As I got ready to lay down and nap with her, I heard her stand up. When I turned around, I saw her standing in front of me with puffy eyes. Before I was about to say something, she started punching my chest before collapsing into my arms.

Blake: I thought you died, you idiot!

I tightened our embrace as she fell asleep again, I once more laid her in the bed gently, as to not wake her. I removed my cloak and climbed into bed, pulling her close to me, holding her tightly.