Chapter 11 - No Choice

I thought I was going to upload Ch. 11 and Ch. 12 as one big piece. Turns out, I accidently blinked and wrote 16 Word pages (equals 8 Wattpad pages) so I have to split these chapters into two parts so I don't kill you guys of boredom.

The point is, Ch. 12 will be uploaded on October 11th to let you guys have a chance to read this chapter first!

Please comment and let me know about my lame-o typos!Enjpy! -FO97

There was a moment that I cannot describe in words. As searing pain lit up every fiber of my body, there was a moment, no more than a second, where I was inside two bodies. One was that of the wolf, the other was my own body, my human body. For no more than a flash of a second, the wolf’s consciousness and my own meshed, melded together, and we looked through each other’s eyes, while in the same moment looking through our own. This still does not do the sensation justice. I did not just see through two pairs of eyes, but I felt the wolf’s emotion as I felt my own, his pain and my pain, his senses and my senses. I was the wolf and yet I was the boy. Even as I say it, I wonder how it could be possible, though I am certain of what I experienced. And when it was over, I was human again, the wolf raging inside my mind still trying to react to the pain that was suddenly not there.

This takes a long time to detail, but in actuality, from the moment Cynd said my new name, Ryne, and to the point I was human again, took seconds and hardly that, nothing at all like the painful and gradual change that I was still not accustomed to.

I was disoriented and sick to my stomach. It had been so fast. My eyes were still trying to see through the wolf’s eyes, my legs refusing to accept that I only had two now, my tongue trying to flop around, though it was thicker and shorter now. Worst of all, however, was that my body was still trying to react to the pain that had been so intense for only a second, as if all the pain of the change had been compressed into a few seconds and forced through my body like a knife through butter. I was shaking violently, my breath coming in sporadic bursts, and my heart beating out of its regular rhythm, but instead was thudding at a rate that was so fast as to be distressing. The cold that came from the snow on the ground did nothing to help and I found my extremities numb with the temperature. Before I could stop it, I heaved from the pit of my stomach though nothing but acidic bile came up from my empty stomach.

Senrid knelt next to me and threw a blanket over my bare shoulders. I drew it closer.

“Wha. . .wha happ-“ I slurred and rasped, feeling as if no part of my body was in the right place. Bones felt misplaced, my skin felt shifted, when I flexed my muscles, I was sore as if I had been running for three days uphill.

“Don’t speak. Everything will make sense later. Right now, just relax.” I was not in a mental state to argue.

Cynd stood to the side, his massive form enshrouded by the bonfire. The people that stood around the ring where watching us. It had been long enough that they had grown bored watching me on the ground and were whispering excitedly to one another.

“-liked the way that he-”

“-must be awfully stubborn=”

“-I would have given up as soon as he got in my-”

“-you see what color he was-”

“-wonder if he is a demon-”

“-means death does it not-

I shook my head, trying to clear my mind and focused temporarily on my body. I made note of a migraine and a sharp aching in my shoulder in addition to the icy cold and the uncomfortable feeling of not belonging in my own skin. Senrid helped me slowly to my feet, looking carefully into my eyes, concern emanating from his own so clearly that I was somewhat touched.