Chapter 2: Out on the Town

I was heading to, Evie's 4 Hearts, not because me and Evie where, well on speaking terms. I don't think we were. But, because I knew she'd have the fabric I needed. I was silently praying that she wasn't going to be there, and I could just get the materials and leave the money on the counter.  

    Well, I should have been more specific. Evie wasn't there, but Dizzy, her "Designer in Training" was. Great. I didn't know much about Dizzy, but I knew she was really close to Evie, Mal, and the rest of Mal's gang, and I knew they didn't like me, so I could assume that she didn't either. 

     I walked in and was immediately proven wrong. "Hello and welcome to Evie's 4 Hearts, Princess Audrey! My name is Dizzy, and you can ask me if you need help with anything at all!" She said, smiling extensively, and bouncing a little. 

     "Um, you're not mad at me?" I said, almost instantaneously.

     "No, why would I be? Sure, you made Mal a hag, put all of Auradon, including me, into a sleeping spell, turned Ben into a beast, and kidnapped Celia. But, Mal and the other VK's where evil too, and I still like them, how are you any different?" 

    "Well, I assumed Evie and Mal would have trash-talked about me to you, and made you hate me like they do." She shook her head. 

     "I don't think they hate you either,  did they say they did?" 

     "Well, no... but they act like it!" Dizzy didn't respond, "Well, enough about them, where can I find these things?" I asked, setting my list on the counter, Dizzy looked it over. 

     "Yup! Right over here!" 

     After getting the materials I needed, and also getting stuck in an hour-long conversation with Dizzy, over why she loves cupcakes. I tried to end it several times, but that girl is bad at taking hints! I walked into a nearby store and checked a clock. 9:45. Darn it! I only have five minutes left 'till I'm gonna have to put up with Mal. Well, it's okay to be fashionably late. 

     I then walked out and headed to my favorite Café, Fairy Haven. I walked in and was immediately greeted by the sweet smell of baked goods, and the refreshing scent of coffee. I went up to the counter and ordered a tall iced vanilla latte and a triple chocolate chip cookie. 

     "Thank you," I said, taking my cup and baggie, I tipped the waiter and took a seat. Sipping my latte, I decided to scroll through my phone. I had five messages, I clicked on them, the first was from Ben, what did he want? I clicked it. 

Ben | 8:49 am  

See you at brunch? 

     I decided not to reply, I would come, but I'm gonna make them wait for me. 

The second text was from Lonnie.

Lonnie | 2:38 am

Hey Audrey! Right now The ROAR team and I are in Abagwa, it's so cool here! I have no idea what time it is there is Auradon, but here it's about 10. How's everything going? I heard the barrier was taken down, is that true? That is SO cool! (if it is :P) Well, I have to go to bed now, reply soon.

     I decided to text her back, even though it would be six in the morning for her, maybe she was up? 

Audrey | 10:16 am

Yeah the barriers down, but why do you think it's so cool? I mean, all those villains that can harm us? 

     I checked the other texts, they were all from Dizzy. 

Dizzy | 9:44 am

😊😁😇

Dizzy | 9:45 am

😛😃😆😍😎

Dizzy | 9:46 am

😜😝😋😅😊😄😛😀

     "What the what?" I said, then typed back,

Audrey | 10:17 am

How'd you get my number?

Dizzy | 10:18 am

Evie gave it to me ❤❤❤ and guess what?!?!?!?!?! I asked her and she says she doesn't hate you!!!!!!!😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 isnt that great????!!!!!!!!!!😍😍😍😍😍 

     I didn't know how to respond to that, so I didn't.