Chapter 11: Happily Never After

Wanna know what happens after that? Is that a yes? 

    Wrong answer. 

     But here you go anyways, don't say I didn't warn you.

     "Okay, Evie." Mellissa finally said, peeling the sobbing princess off of Mal. "It's your turn." 

     "I don't want to play anymore, " Evie sobbed, still upset about the whole Doug thing. 

     "Evie, it's fake, you can un-break up with him in the morning, okay?" 

     "But, we were supposed to continue our movie marathon tonight." Celia rolled her eyes, 

     "It's just a guy, and for just one day, get over it." She took out her cards, "Anyone want their fortune told?"

     "No, I just want this sleepover to be over." 

     "Okay E, we can leave," Mal said, Dizzy looked disappointed. 

     "But-" Dizzy objected, Mal shot her a look, and Dizzy hid behind a pillow. 

      "Thanks," Evie said, wiping her tears, mascara covering her face, "But next time we need to make a rule so this doesn't happen again." Everyone shot Dizzy a look.

     "Evie, I'm sorry, you can un-break up with Doug. But Celia did suggest the game, so don't blame me!" Evie smiled and pulled out her phone, everyone else turned to Celia. 

     "Hey, I was just trying to make this night more interesting. I mean, seriously, Mal, if you want Audrey to like you playing a game where we talk about marriage and kissing when she is your fiance's ex is not a good idea-" I was confused, Jane had said this was Evie's sleepover, not that Mal had planned it.  I looked around, Jane was covering her head in her hands and Mal was giving Celia the "shut up she's not supposed to know that!!!" motion. 

     "-I mean, even though she doesn't like him anymore, not a good thing to bring up and... oh, ooh, oooh no..." Celia said, catching on, "Forgot she wasn't supposed to know that." 

     "Oh no," I replied standing up. "Thank you Celia, now I know that no one really wanted me here and that this was just a stunt of Mal's, and probably Ben's, to get me to "not make any more trouble"  Wow, and to think, Jane, I thought all that stuff you said this morning was sincere. Turns out you think of me in the same way Carlos does, or everyone else for that matter." I walked over to the door and threw it open, Everyone tried to stop me from leaving. 

     "Audrey, please I can explain." Mal pleaded, "I was sincere." Jane insisted, "We do want you here" Evie said. 

     "Oh just shut up!" I replied, stepping out and slamming the door in their lying faces. I ran down the hall, hearing footsteps behind me only made me run faster, without looking back. The tears streamed down my cheeks, to think I actually believed they had forgiven me. I ran all the way a nearby restaurant, running in and hiding in one of the bathroom stalls. Many people stared as I ran by, but I didn't care anymore. I was already hated, embarrassed, and a disappointment. 

     How did this happen? How did I come to be like this? Everything I once took for granted, her been stripped from me, and given to her, Mal, little miss perfect. Respect, love, approval, friends, all of it gone. Is this my lot in life? To be constantly stabbed in the back. First Ben, now all my other friends. Are only a select group of people going to get happily ever afters, and everyone else just has to do their best with what they're gonna get? Even if it's nothing at all? I thought everyone got a happily ever after, but apparently only some do. And I'm not one of them.