Chapter 9: Sleepover Drama

I arrived at Evie's sleepover, which was at her starter castle, promptly at nine. And was greeted by the warm smell of freshly baked brownies, and spontaneous laughter coming from one of the bedrooms. I made my way over, sleeping bag in hand. 

     "Ben, Dude, and your dad." I heard Dizzy say, as I walked in. 

    "Well marry Ben, obviously." Mal said, and everyone laughed, "Kiss Dude, cause he's a dog, so I don't think Ben would mind, and slap my dad." 

     "Wait slap?" I asked, sitting down in between Jane and Dizzy, "Isn't is supposed to be kiss, marry, kill?" 

     "This is the less violent version," Dizzy explained, "And I'd rather not kill anyone, even fictionally."  

     "Oh, okay," I said, taking a brownie from the tray in the middle. 

     "Your turn M." Evie said,

     "Okay, um, Jane. Kiss, marry, slap. Jay, Carlos, and Harry Hook." Mal said, deviously. 

     "Seriously? Yours was easy!" 

     "You have to do it," Reminded Evie,

     "Oh fine, but I'm gonna do a hard one for my turn. Okay, let me think... um... well, marry Carlos." Jane thought about it for a second, "Kiss Jay, even though, ew gross! And then slap Harry." 

     "Oof, don't tell Carlos you're planning on kissing him best friend. He'd be mad!" Evie teased, everyone started laughing. 

     "What, no! I'm not planning on- it was just for the game! Er, nevermind. Audrey, kiss, marry, slap."

     "Me?" I asked, surprised she had picked me, and nervous about what she would say. 

     "Yup, Ben, Chad, and Harry." 

     "Wait, Ben?" Mal objected, "Isn't there a rule against using other people's fiances?" 

     "Nope," Evie said, "And I'm interested to see how this turns out." Everyone looked at me expectently. 

     "Uh, um," I stuttered, "Well, I guess I'll kiss, Chad, since yeah, I wouldn't now, but I technically already have. I'd, um, slap Ben," 

     "Really?" Mal cut me off, "I thought you like, liked Ben." 

     "Oh, I did, but not anymore. I'd slap him for all the times he hurt me and took me for granted. Also, I can do so much better than him." 

     Everyone looked at Mal to see her response, as I had just roasted her husband-to-be.  

     "Uh, no one is better than Ben." She said, crossing her arms. 

     "Beg to differ." I said, crossing mine also, "I dated him for longer than you have and have known him my whole life. As far as boyfriends go, he's not the best." 

     "Okayyy," Jane interrupted, "Let's get back to the game, Audrey, that means you would marry, Harry." 

     "Yeah, he's the only one left. Also, he's sorta cute." 

      "Ooo," Dizzy said, "Is that romance in the air? Haudrey or Aurry?"

     "Let's just say, if he asked me out, I'd say yes." 

     "What do you think about that Mal?" Evie asked, turning to her, "Since we all know you and Harry dated for a few months on the Isle." 

     "As long as it's not Ben, I don't care." 

     "Whatcha all playing?" Melissa asked, walking in. 

     "Kiss, marry, slap." 

     "You mean-'

     "No, not kill!" We all corrected in unison, then laughed. 

     "Well whatever you call it, this game is getting boring," Celia said, finally speaking up, she had been playing with her cards the entire game. 

     "What do you suggest?" Dizzy said, looking a bit offended, obviously, she had suggested that game. 

     "Truth or Dagger!" She suggested, her eyes lighting up. 

    "Wait? Truth or dagger!" Jane said, alarmed, I was also quite alarmed by a game with daggers, being suggested by a thirteen-year-old. 

     "Yeah! My and Freddy played it all the time." Celia confirmed, 

     "Yeah, it's an Isle game." Evie explained, "But sort of a dangerous one." 

     "All Isle games are dangerous, this is one of the milder ones." Corrected Mellissa, 

     "True." The VK's in the group agreed.  

     "Well in Auradon we play truth or dare, which are sort of like pranks you play on yourself." I said, "You ask a person, 'truth or dare' they pick one, and you ask them a question for truth, that they have to answer truthfully. Or, you dare them to do something funny, not dangerous." 

     "Yeah! That's just like truth or dagger, except, instead of dare you have to cut a spot on your arm or leg with a dagger." Explained Celia, 

     "Oh my gosh, that sounds painful!" Jane exclaimed, "And you played this for fun?

     "Yeah! But, we can play yours this time." 

     "Yeah, probably a good idea." Evie agreed, "Don't want blood on the carpet." All of us AK's shivered at the thought. I am so glad I wasn't born on the Isle.