Elf Week: Ondolemar x Reader [Day One]

Sunday - High Elf - Summerset Isles (Wait...is Ondolemar a High Elf? I think he is seeing that he's a Thalmor... but also Wood Elves can- no he's definitely a High Elf.)

I was walking up the stairs of Understone Keep to check on the Jarl's dogs. Yes. I was the dog keeper. I saw Ondolemar and his two soldiers walking back and forth.  I greeted Ondolemar with a kind smile, knowing him for a good four years. he looked down and saw one of the Jarl's dogs at his feet, panting in happiness of seeing the tall guy.

"Stupid dog." Ondolemar muttered. I gasped.

"ONDOLEMAR! PLEASE! He's just a pup! Give him some slack." I yelled at the Thalmor leader. Ondolemar frowned.

"But he is in my way. He should know better." I couldn't help but giggle.

"What? So, now you're controlling puppies?" Ondolemar's cheeks turned pink. He looked embarrassed.

"I...I would..no....well-...No. I only deal with Talos worshipers..."  I smirked at him.

"Sure. Okay. Well, I got to go and feed these cute, little, adorable puppies!" I saw Ondolemar roll his eyes.

"Yes, you go and do that." I went up to him, standing on my toes, whispering in his ear, "You really actually wanna help me, do you not?" then left, leaving him with the same expression. Embarrassment.

~

I returned with the dog food, going to the back to feed the dogs. I jumped when I saw I wasn't alone in the back room. I saw Ondolemar holding a newborn pup. I didn't recognize this one.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Ondolemar smiled sweetly.

"Someone's a mother." He said softly, pointing the best he could towards the sleeping dog.

"Wait- did you help deliver the puppy?" Ondolemar's face once again turned pink. He slowly nodded.

"Someone had to. No one cared that she was giving birth. I had to help her." I smiled widely.

"So, what you're saying...you like dogs?" Ondolemar glared at me. Like...actually...death death death glare.

"No." I laughed and gently grabbed the puppy from his gentle grasp.

"Well, Mr. I-Don't-Like-Dogs, do you want to help me feed this little guy?" I asked the tall dude. Ondolemar gave me a second of excitement, then changed back to his natural expression.

"I...-ahem-...I would love to." 

~

Ondolemar and I fed the puppy and the other dogs. Ondolemar even helped giving them water. I was currently brushing a dog when I felt Ondolemar crouch beside me and brush his shoulder against mine.

"Yes?" I asked. He grabbed a brush and helped me brush the dog. I smiled.

"See? Dogs aren't that bad." He rolled his eyes and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"You realize I'm only doing this because I wanted to spend time with you?" I felt my cheeks heat up. I leaned my head on his shoulder, stopping the strokes from the brush on the dog.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes. Ever since you started working here, I've always wanted to spend time with you. And- let me tell you - Dog sitting and helping a dog give birth wasn't in my plans..." I giggled and gave Ondolemar a hug.

"Well, maybe we can do this another time? You seem to like dogs." Ondolemar made the same embarrassed face.

"W-What..? Oh- forget it- fine. I like dogs. CERTAIN dogs. But um, can...can we keep this puppy?" He pointed to the f/d/b (Favorite dog breed) puppy he helped earlier. I pecked Ondolemar's cheek and nose and then forehead.

"Of course. We can name him D/n (Dog name)." Ondolemar grinned gleefully.

"Thank you." He brought me to his chest, making me rest my head on his chest. I listened to his soothing heartbeat, making me tired.

"Let's go to bed, shall we?"

"We shall. With D/n."

"Of course."

651 words

EYYYYYY DAY ONE DONE! STAY TUNED FOR DAY TWO TOMORROW!

(Also I just read the whole Wolves of the Beyond book 1 book from the start to the finish. Took me 2 1/2... I'm tired.)

Art by me~! Caption for the art is, "What? So now you're controlling dogs?"