3. Odile Maeve

Relationships. Something I can't quite comprehend.

People who willingly, gladly, get hurt by the other person who claims that they love them. Well, it's not guaranteed that would happen, but it was a high chance. Like... When you fight, one or both of you would get hurt by something the other said.

Or... The other person simply lost the spark for you and breaks your heart.

Why should I subject myself to that?

I don't need that in my life.

Shoot, I never had a boyfriend in all of my twenty-some years. Why should I start now?

Though... I might take up a boyfriend if it's a fictional character I may have a mad crush on. I love them sexy, tall, dark, and moody. They wouldn't automatically profess their love for you on day one. You would get a chance to talk about things and get all deep.

Sighing heavily as I made his coffee, I realized that I may have seemed too cheery about rejecting him. I mean, I love rejecting guys. It's thrilling seeing their face change when they comprehend that I have no emotions for them. Mainly because none of them actually know anything about me or what I enjoy. They simply fell in love with my appearance and forgot that I am a human being with feelings and thoughts.

Just like the Prince. However, he was way too flirty unlike the men in the past.

If he was a fictional character, he would be my least favourite character.

Glancing up at where he was sitting, I decided that I should wish upon whatever divine spirit that he wouldn't stay to drink his coffee and simply leave because I don't think I'll be able to deal with him any longer with how flirtatious he is.

Like, sure... Having a prince for a husband would be great because he'd be able to give me a library full of my own books and amongst other things, but I rather not use that to my advantage. I don't care how content I'll be. My mother never raised me like that. I'd have to work my way up to get the things I want no matter how hard and long it could take me.

Oh, how I want a cafe of my own full of books and open twenty-four hours.

"Xavier Fletcher the Third, your coffee is ready for pickup," I called out as I continued to daydream my bombass library that'll never come true.

Xavier made his way over, slumped and sulking. Not very proper for a prince and he knew that. "Thank you, madame." He took the cup from my hand as he straightened himself out to show confidence. "Would you care to have a fancy feast tonight at the castle, so we are able to converse with one another in order to know each other?" the prince inquired, adding, "I would like to apologize for my terrible behaviour and acting overly confident. I should have thought about your feelings and treated you as a human being."

Rolling my eyes a little, I huffed out air with a hand on my hip. I do like free food, but I don't know if I would want to go to his castle. He might somehow lock me in some crazy sex dungeon that no one would ever find.

I could accept dinner since he wants to show that he's actually sorry, so I have to find a way to not go to the castle. I don't trust him. I don't trust anyone.

We're only going to have a small chat and dinner. However, I still hope he doesn't think I'm leading him on or anything. I'm for sure using him to get free food because I don't have much at home.

I scrunch up my face in thought, battling if I should really accept his offer or deny it.

"Okay, I get it. I'll take my leave," he told me, ready to head to the door.

"Wait," I called out. "I'm thinking."

"Then think."

Frowning at him, I said, "Is that not what I said I'm doing?"

"Oh, right," he said meekly.

Might as well say yes. I simply shouldn't let my overthinking get the best of me.

"No castle. Some restaurant. I'm going for the food, so don't think more into it."