Chapter 3: The Hospital

3:51 AM. David looked at his watch. He hadn't slept a wink. Between Finn getting hurt, and Millie and Winona feeling worried, he couldn't possibly close his eyes. Millie was still asleep across the room. Winona was curled up in his lap and sleeping soundly. He held onto her tight and tried not to move.

(This is 30 minutes later, David fell asleep)

"Excuse me, sir?" David and Winona looked up to find a lady in light pink scrubs tapping on David's shoulder. "Yes?" They said simultaneously. "Are you here for Finn?" "Yes!" They said excitedly. "He is awake." They both shot up out of the chair. Winona ran over to Millie and woke her up.

The three followed the nurse down the long hall to the elevator. Winona can get claustrophobic at times, so she usually takes the stairs. She didn't care though, all that mattered was Finn. How bad was he hurt? Was he okay? She was snapped out of her thoughts when the elevator beeped and opened up. They stepped in and the nurse took them up to the 5th level.

Winona POV:
The nurse told us that he was in room 523. The elevator beeped and the three of us stepped out, leaving the nurse to her duties. There was a big sign hanging from the ceiling. Rooms 510 - 530 ->. We all turned down the hallway without saying a word. David could tell I was nervous. He gently rubbed my back and looked at me with a weak smile.

David POV:
521. 522. 523. "Here we are" I said. I opened the door and the three of us walked in. "Hey guys" Finn said with a shaky, soft voice. Millie practically ran to him and hugged him gently.

Millie POV:
"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I said. I stepped back and saw how hurt he was. He had a big blue cast on his right arm, casts on both of his legs, and stitches on his forehead. "Oh Finn. Its all my fault. I was the one who wanted to go get coffee. We should have just stayed. It all my fault." I couldn't hold back my tears any longer. They came streaming down my face.

Finn POV:
I grabbed her hand and pulled her close. Mill, I never want you to blame this on yourself. That idiot that hit me is to blame. I love you and it is not your fault. I kissed her cheek and she sat down on the foot of the bed, making sure she couldn't sit on my foot.

David and Winona hugged me and we sat and talked for a while, it was nice getting to talk and laugh for a while. After about 3 hours David and Winona had to leave but they told me they would be back tomorrow. I'm soooo happy that Millie is staying at the hospital with me tonight though.

(Another short chapter. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in soooooo long. I am going to try to stay consistent but I don't really know what is going to happen. Love yall. Thanks for reading ❤) ~Alia