Let Go

V:

Thursday, February 27th, 2020

              He had just fallen asleep recently; after talking to Baekhyun about how he needed to speak to Sooyoung soon about what his friend had recently learned, his mind finally had quieted enough for him to sleep. Taehyung sighed. Baekhyun knew due to Seokjin who knew because of Irene. Irene knew because she worked at his same workplace and she had been the one to introduce him to the person in charge of asking him if he was willing to take the offer. He wanted to. It was good money. It was a learning opportunity—yet only one thing held him back and it was Sooyoung.

He was sleeping just fine until he felt his heart constrict. Immediately he stood up, going towards Yerim's old room. Sooyoung wasn't awake but she was mumbling and tossing around. Taehyung went to her side and embraced her right away. It was that nightmare again. The nightmare that shook her to the core and broke her heart into a million pieces. The moment he embraced her she woke up to him holding her tightly.

"Tae?" it came out sounding so broken—it ached.

Sooyoung wasn't suppose to be in pain anymore. They were suppose to be happy. She was suppose to be happy and always in a euphoric state. Because that was how he was. He was in a euphoria since knowing her and then finally being with her. Why was she in so much pain? He knew it had something to do with him. He kissed her forehead lightly.

"I'm not leaving you. Remember that, okay?"

She nodded and cuddled into his embrace as he got under the covers. They were awake now—both of them. He decided it would be best to finally tell her about his father. She would cry and she would probably fear he would be the same. After all, he did look like an exact replica of his father with his mother's eyes. Yerim resembled their mother more than him.

"He left. I remember one day he was there, being my father and the perfect man my mother always wanted and the next he was gone. I was eight. He ran off with another woman and broke the bond. Leaving my mother in shambles. It was too much for me to witness. Her pain was something I had to see and I knew looking at me made her ache. My mother—she may not say it but every time she looks at me, I know she sees him. She sees the man she loved and the man who broke her."

Sooyoung stayed quiet after he spoke. She only interlaced their fingers and held them tightly. She was looking at their wrist, as if she could see something he couldn't. He decided to continue.

"It was since then that I didn't believe in the bond. I thought it was unfair. But then I met Irene and I had bonded. I was surprised and annoyed all in one. But the moment I bonded to her—I wanted to prove to my mother that I was anything but like my father. I was, going to stay with her for the rest of my life. I didn't find it weird that I didn't feel her. It wasn't until Yerim asked me that I noticed I never once felt her."

He paused again. Hoping she would say something. Anything would do. But again, she stayed quiet in his arms. Now she was rubbing her thumb over his. Intently listening but having no input in what he was saying, overall.