SEQUEL TEASER ~~ 1ST CHAPTER EXCERPT!

Before you read : This is only an excerpt from the first chapter of " The Inner Circle", the sequel of this story. The next chapters will be uploaded in a different book, during the following months.

Anne woke up in complete darkness and fear overtook her. She hurriedly removed the sheets from above her and sat up straight. She opened her sleepy eyes before getting out of the warm bed. The place was suddenly unfamiliar to her. The darkness would not let her recognize her surroundings.

Anne stumbled around, desperate for a switch so as to turn the lights on. She fumbled the walls across the big room. As seconds passed, fear settled inside her.

'Hello?' she called in a trembling voice. 'Hello? Is anyone here?' she called louder, still unable to identify her surroundings.

'Where am I?' she asked without realizing she had shouted her thoughts out loud. She closed her mouth and when the echo of her words died out Anne sat on the floor. She remained quiet for a couple of minutes, hoping her eyes would adjust to the lack of light but the room was pitch-black.

At that very moment, she heard a scream that caused her heart to race even faster as if it would jump out of her chest.

'Sonia!' the voice yelled. 'What have you done to her?' It was Pierre's voice.

Anne got back up and tried to focus on the direction of Pierre's shouting. And then it hit her. She was not in New Earth anymore.

'I'm not home,' she whispered and a strong, white light filled the room.