he walks too far

At night....

Maryonnie is asleep, her thigh is wrapped in cloth, tightly, Wakatongu watched as the body of the 12-year-old moved in her sleep, he knew he had to return her to Maryonn Duvile, her mother, because she had been through a lot and that was her daughter, but was it wise? He knows what it's like to lose his mother and he'd hate to do that to his sister, but Mr. Duvile....That man, he couldn't be trusted. He had to stay in his tribe to find his mother but Maryonnie, dang it! He thought, why do those two make things so hard?! He said out loud about Mrs. Duvile and Mr. Duvile.

A week later, Maryonnie was doing better, but was asking about her mom a lot.

"You'll see her!
But, you have to wait." He says, "I love you, Waku." Maryonnie says sweetly as she falls back to sleep.
They are Salinero apaches, Nalin, the warrior woman came into her room, "What are you doing with- This child?"
"She's a human being!" Wakatongu says in apprehension and anger.

Nalin: "I wonder what made you want to protect her."

Wakatongu asked his most wanted question: "Where is my mother?"

"You're mother is in another tribe, you weren't around so she went looking for our, you moron." Nalin says, angry at him for running away and betraying them to live with white people.

"I wanted to find my father, Mangas Coloradas!" He says in frustration.

He explains in apache what happened to him.

Translation: "I was kidnapped by a white man and adopted by a white woman and her husband."

She just gets angrier and confused.

"You are moronic to think she loves you, they hate us." Nalin says, ticked off.

"She loves me, okay? I have to keep her safe." Wakatongu says in her defense.

He's protective!

It's because she's blind.

A man says an hour later to Nalin outside the room.

"She looks like the colorless ones." Nalin says, "She is. I have a colorless one."

"You have one! Are you sure?!" She exclaims, he won't reveal his kid's location, though.

"Yes, I have one, now, let it go." Then he walks off.

His name is  Geronimo.

Wakatongu walks all the way back to the chief's place of housing and asks where is his mother in apache.

To be continued...